starting my own personal thread of activities...

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent her a card not expecting anything in return at all. then I went out on a date last night with a new girl. while we were out, of course, the ex texts me! I played it off like it was a friend, no big deal, it didn't cause any problem at all. Anyway, she said "thank you very much for the card, that was very nice of you." I did not and will not respond. I had a REALLY good time on the date by the way! and one sxxy lady, i don't get your joke...

well, yes my date went VERY well!!!! actually, she called me yesterday asking if I wanted to hang out with her again. I said sure but that I had already made plans to go out with the boys but that she was more than welcome to come along. I picked up my boys, went to pick her up and we all went 0ut together. She is awesome!!! has no problems hangin witht her guys, can more than hold her own, my friends like her, what more can you say....I really enjoy spending time with her. I am playing it really cool too. this girl is all about me right now!!! she textxs and calls me, and sends me messages on myspace and everything!!! my confidence is back and I feel pretty darn good about myself right now. still think abouyt the ex a lot, but I haven't responded to her thanking me for the birthday card. If she wants me back, now she will really have to work at it!!!! Anyway, i am taking this new girl to a christmas party at one of my friends condos tonight, she seemed really excited that I asked her. I just have to make sure that this does not go to fast because I am not really sure that I am willing to jump right in to another serious relationship, but I am enjoying dating this chick a lot! thanks to all of you out there that have been there to listen to me whine and cry and ask for advice and to those that provided it to me. I would not be here without you all!!!!

Hi Dogg!!

Go Dogg, Go Dogg, Go Go Dogg! Doing the happy dance for ya! I am glad that you are having a great time with this girl, she sounds like a cool chick. It's ok to still think about your ex, you guys were together for a long time and you are smart for wanting to take things slow with the new girl. Let us know how you are doing. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I am writing here now just to keep myself busy being that I'm at work and the students don't come in for another 1/2 hour so here I go....

anyway, thanks to those of you that responded with kind words, I truly appreciate it. As for things with the ex, screw her in my mind right now! I sent her the birthday card, she sent me a text thanking me on thursday (her birthday) and that was it, I DID NOT RESPOND, didn't want to, had nothing left to say and plus I was on a date. SCREW HER, like I said, she is gonna have to work real hard at this if she ever wants anything between us again! anyway, I have been hagin with this new giirl since thursday, she is great! totally changed my perspective about the possibilities of meeting people on-line! I can't remember if I had mentioned that I had asked her to attend an christmas party thrown by one of my good friends at his condo, If I had mntioned already, sorry for repeating myself. She came with me, it was a great time yet again! she has no problem meeting all of my friends, they seem to enjoy her as well! she can definitly hold her own, and that says a lot about her because my friends will be the first to tell you that you suck if in fact you do, ha ha ha!! She is just a lot of fun, and even my boys agree! so, after a long evening of laughing and drinking (alize and champagne to be exact, yes I hhave class!!!!) we went back to my house because we were both a little drunk and she lives at least 20 minutes away so she stayed with me. I will not fill you in on the explicit details on the remainder of the evening, but I'm sure that you all can firgure out the events that transpired after we arrived at my house! all I will say is WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!! anyway, I drove her home the next day (sunday). she sent me a mesage on myspace that more or less told me that she is developing "strong" feelings for me that she was so glad that we came upon each other and that I am everything that she has always wanted in a man, (she then listed qualities) and she said that she just wanted to let me know exactly what she was feeling and that she hopes that I do not get scared off by this. I responded by saying that I was very glad that I had met her as well, that I was more and more impressed with her everyday and that I really enjoyed her company! Also I told her that my friends like her and enjoy her as well and how important that is to me and that it also saysd a lot abouther and the type of person she is! I ended by saying that I would like to definietly continue seeing her, taking things not to fast and just seeing the way that things pan out, no pressure involved and that I hope that she could understand that...I hope she did not take that in the wrong way, I guess I will see later...so that is my story of this weekend...thanks again to all who have helped me to get this far!!! I love you alll and would not be here where I am with out you!

just wanted to add that I feel that this huge wait has been lifted off my soulders! I am not constantly thinking about the ex anymore (I still do, but nowhere near as much as befroe) I feel like I have my confidence back! I feel good! I feel like I am getting bcak a part of me that was just simply drained away by the constant arguing and fighting with the ex towards the end of our relatinship! I feel like I have control over myself again! I hope that I can make these feelings last and become the man that I was and the man that I know that I can be! thanks again!

thnxs kellbell! I appreciate your kind words and constant encouragement! I must admit, I am interested in this new chick, she is great! I am a little nervous though about he fact that she seems to be SOOOOO interested in me, I have not had that in a while and I almost don't know how to respond to it...Also, I do want to take things slow with her and anyone else for that matter, I still want to meet new people too, is that bad, I don't think it is. I have been in a relationship for three years I don't want to just jump right nback into one right away....is this ok, how do I make this clear to the new girl, I think that I did, but I'm not sure and I don't want tto push her away or make her feel badly....I do like her after all....

I was just rereading this thread and all of the ridiculous things that I said in it! talk about being a weak loser!!! ha ha ha! anyway, I just wanted to say that I am very happy that I decided after everything not to let the stories of this new girls past scare me away. I realized that the past is the past and the now and the future is all that really matters. I realized this by rereading my thread and other things that i have posted and thinking that if anyone was to judge me on my past, where would I be, nowhere, thats where!!!!! I am happy that I gave thids chick a chance! It did not backfire! or at least yet...ha ha ha

just an update, I went out for drinks with this new girl again after work yesterday. Again, had an awesome time, so much so in fact that I took the step of inviting her to the local pub that my buddies and I go to almost every monday to watch monday night football and eat wings (I aksed the fellas first of course if they minded that a chick be around and they said no, and that actually it would make it kinda fun to have her around casue they like her) anyway, things went great! I could really see myself falling for this chick eventually, I am still trying to take things slow though, she keeps telling me how into me she is which make sme feel really good! I have said some very nice things to her as well, but I am trying to keep my emotions guarded. again, I do not want to rush into things, just take them as they come and kinda roll with the punches so to speak. I do really enjoy this girls company though.....we'll see how things go, I'll keep you posted!

hello all,

things are going well. no complaints. I have been thinking as I have been rereading all of my posts here about what if anything I should do fr my ex for christmas. I have decided to do ABSOLUTLRY NOTHING AT ALL. I did the whole card thing for her birthday, got a text in response, thats it. If she wants to contact me, so be it, but I know that I am strong enough now and that I have other things going for me that it is really no concern of mine whether she decides to contact me or not, to be honest, I do not even really care anymore, I waited and pined over her long enough and I am now having a great time with a new girl, whos company and companionship (not sure if this is even a word) I really enjoy! this brings me to my next quandry: This new girl has been telling me repeatedly and dropping hints to me about christmas and the fact that she IS getting me something. she continually asks me if I "like this" or whether I "like that" whenever we are out and about. I told her not to get me anything, but I feel that she may have already done so. Anyway, I wanted to know, what would be a really nice, thoughtful and appropriate gift to get for her. I want to get her something that shows that I care, but that is not too over the top. I was thinking, that I could maybe get her a nnice perfume set (there is this really nice coolwater for women set that I LOVE the smell of) but I am kinda stumped due to the fact that I am your typical guy who more or less sucks at shopping and does not enjoy it in the least bit! anyones help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thanks....

Good morning Dogg!

Let's see, have you seen her room yet, like what kinds of things she has around, the kind of stuff she is into? I think something candles maybe or what kinds of perfumes she likes. I am just thinking aloud on something that's very thoughtful but not too much because you guys have not known each for very long.

yeah I know that we have not known each other for that long, thats is why I did not want to do the whole gift thing to begin with, but at the same time I can't not get her anything knowing that she has or is getting me something cause that is a scumbag move. No, I have not seen her room yet, but I do like the perfume idea! Any ohter thoughts would be great cause time is running out!