Friday 'date?' with the ex...(long)

Hello everyone.

For those of you who have been following my story. Here is what happened last night with the ex.

I went to her house to pick her up. Her birthday is on Tuesday, so I brought her a small bunch of flowers. Nothing fancy, no roses or anything, just a few that I thought looked nice together. I also bought her a laptop cam, (she hinted at wanting one so she could share more of her school life with me.)

Anyways, that went well, and we left to come back to my place. On the way, she mentioned she was hungry, so we stopped at a real nice restaurant. Spontaneous decision, and we didn't have reservations, but somehow, she talked our way in to getting a table. Dinner was great. Lamb, Steak, Mussles, Wine... Very tasty. So far, the night has gone wonderful, it was like we were first dating again. Not once did I feel uncomfortable, or inclined to bring up our 'situation'.

After dinner, we took the drive back to my place. (roughly an hour). We took our dog out for a walk, then had a nap together in my bed. It was so very peaceful.

After the nap, it was off to hockey. She sat in the stands alone, while she watched me make a fool of myself. I was so nervous. Ive never played for an audience, well, an audience who was there to watch me. But she really enjoyed watching, and it felt good to have a cheerleader in my corner!

When hockey was finished, a bunch of the guys, her and I went out for a drink and some wings. She hasn't spent time with me and friends in about 2 years. Mostly because when we lived together, we didn't have friends. And also because she's lived in another city for school this past year and a half. It was fun, relaxed.. just an all around AWESOME evening.

So I drove her home, (another hour) because she has a lot to do today. On the way, she asked if there was anything I wanted to talk about, (regarding our situation). I was tempted to start asking questions, and try to clarify things, but the evening went so well, I just didn't want to ruin the mood. I told her that if she didn't mind, Id like to just enjoy the time we are spending together, and have fun. She smiled and agreed.

When I got to her house, she thanked me for everything. The flowers, cam, dinner.. etc. Its really no big deal, because its nothing I wouldn't do any other time. As she was getting out of my truck, she leaned back in and kissed me.

I wasn't expecting this. It threw me. I enjoyed it, but it made my heart stop for a second. All night, there was no signs, or hints at intimacy of any sort. Well, unless you count the nap. She smiled at me, said goodnight, and asked me to call her tomorrow, (today.)

The whole ride home, I couldn't stop thinking about the kiss. It was my intent to just hang out, and have fun. Which we did. It was nice to not have to think about where we are headed, or whats next... But her kissing me took me by such surprise, that for the hour I spent driving home, I questioned everything again. My insecurities, my curiosities, our situation, how she feels, how I feel, all flooded me.

The kiss was soft, warm and very genuine. How should I take this? Im thinking that I will just put that aside, and continue to work on involving eachother more, and at the same time, investing more time into ME. My heart is clawing at the box I have it in, trying to break free and overwhelm me again. Is it the right thing to do... put those feelings aside for now?

jp

This method has no chance to work. What incentive does she have to make up her mind about you? None. She will just keep you in the background until she gets bored of you acting this way or when she finds someone else.

Mentally you know this, but emotionally you haven't accepted it. It's your decision to make, but realize you're digging your own grave.