Going out w/o boyfriend

I´m in a relationship but I still like to go out with my friends. My boyfriend is more of a homebody, I like to go clubbing, and he understands when I want to go out. I always invite him when I do go (which isn´t that often anyway), but he´s not into nightclubs and currently doesn´t have a lot of money to go to these places. Of course it doesn´t thrill him when I go out alone with girlfriends, but he trusts me. We do socialize together with friends in different settings.

But today I was talking to my mother and she was appalled that I would go out to a nightclub while my boyfriend is at home sleeping. She said guys don´t tolerate that and he must not like me very much if he is cool with it. I thought that was a mean and old fashioned thing to say, much like my mother I might add. But it made me wonder if other people think that one should only go out with their significant other and forfeit all other socializing that doesn´t include them... what do you guys think?

OH GOD NO!!!, i dunno how old u r or your mothers age. But NOO, its FINE if he lets u go out!! i love to have my freedom, i mean at least your inviting him!! it would be bad if u DIDINT invite him and he just stayed at home. but ur doing absolutley noting wrong, i believe in love and having a good relationship, but a very important thing about that is to have your own space. yes, u might really love each other, and be a whole, bla bla, but when it comes down to it, ur 2 different ppl who happen to have 2 lives!! and part of your life includes him, but u also have friends, school, work, or what not. its totally fine to go out with your friends, its good to have your own space every once in a while.

So long as both people are trustworthy and trust each other, then I see this as a good thing. You are independent and have a life outside of what you do with him. So long as you come "home" to him, then it is a good thing. Hope he has a life outside of what he does with you.