I need advice, I just had a soccer game.. (Im on the senior boys soccer team, for my school). It was a qualifying game, so if we won.. we go to provincials. We ended up winning but my coach sat me for the entire game.

I did nothing wrong in previous games.. and as soon as the game was over he turned to me and said "sorry about that''.. clearly knowing I sat the whole time..

I'm incredibly pissed off and feel like calling him up and telling how unfair it was.. because he goes by the motto, of fairness for each player.. and I sat half a game last week, and I was the only one to not play today.

What should I do.. I'm so GD pissed off right now, I feel like telling him I don't want to go to provincials since he probably won't even play me.. he's an idiot.

When I get angry like this I take a little time to cool off, and then I let them know that the situation mad me angry. If ya dont communicate that sort of thing it will eat at you for a while.

Make sure that when you talk to him its very chill. Just state what happened and how it made you feel. Dont accuse him or anything, even be sure to tell him that you understand it was a stressful event and he had much on his mind. You guys were trying to win afterall! If you maturely let him know your feelings were hurt he will probably be receptive to it. And most importantly you will feel better! No screaming at him though

Hey,

This does suck, but sometimes coaches are like that. A coach will sit or play someone based on their abilities. I dont agree that he should have sat you the whole game and it sucks. But this is an indication of something. Do not go about it the wrong way, which is to get mad and say stuff to the coach because this will not get you more play time, and you will actullay lower in his eyes. At practice try hard and practice well, he will see your efforts and start to play you more. This is a good exersize in being a man, dont throw your self apitty party but rather overcome this difficulty and get stronger and better,.

Good luck

Think of it like this, if you have a conversation where you accuse him of not playing you and he ends up saying anythingbut the truth. This will be worse for you, and you will wind up with less play time in the end. The fact that he said sorry already means he feels bad aboout it, and he will want to do soemthing about it. You should say this, Coach: you sat me last game, and I am not asking for you to play me, but help me to get better, I do think that play time should be based on how helpful we are on the team, So I want to get better and get more playtime.

This shoudl be your approach.

Do not try to teach the coach on how to coach, this will get you no where, and create negative feelings ebtween you and teh coach.

Good luck

Hey,

This does suck, but sometimes coaches are like that. A coach will sit or play someone based on their abilities. I dont agree that he should have sat you the whole game and it sucks. But this is an indication of something. Do not go about it the wrong way, which is to get mad and say stuff to the coach because this will not get you more play time, and you will actullay lower in his eyes. At practice try hard and practice well, he will see your efforts and start to play you more. This is a good exersize in being a man, dont throw your self apitty party but rather overcome this difficulty and get stronger and better,.

Good luck

Unfortunately, I agree with this statement. I think that he didn't play you might indicate that he doesn' feel you are one of the stronger players on the team. (I might be wrong, I've never seen you play, but I'm just trying to offer an opinion.)

I think now is the time to practice twice as hard, work out more, it will pay off. Your game will improve, and your coach will start putting you in more.

good luck