Girls, do you like guys who are funnyor serious?

PavPPZ1

So you dont need a guy to be dave chapelle, but you want a guy to have the ability to make you smile. While at the same time, you want him to be serious when needed, like if he needs to stick up for you, or be strong and courageous, or dealing with some issues.

What are some good ways to make you guys smile then?

No guys who are sooo uptight and serious about everything. Laughter is good for the soul! However, a total clown who makes a joke out of every situation is not fun either (there are times when you need to talk seriously). However, I realized that I tend to go for the inbetween guys (a little more on the funny side) while I keep the clowns for friends only.

You nailed it right on Pav!

So you dont need a guy to be dave chapelle, but you want a guy to have the ability to make you smile. While at the same time, you want him to be serious when needed, like if he needs to stick up for you, or be strong and courageous, or dealing with some issues.

What are some good ways to make you guys smile then?

Some people find his humor funny, and I admit, I think he's funny sometimes, but not all the time. I'm more into Kevin James- "Doug" in the King of Queens. I LOVE his humor! If we're going with TV characters, I would have to say Jack Tripper from Three's Company combined with Doug. lol.

What are some good ways to make us smile? Be yourself. Yup, that's right! Just be yourself. If a guy tries too hard, a girl will sense it too. My intuition is pretty keen when it comes to reading people and situations. When I meet someone who isn't being himself, I sense it. But often times, I think that when a guy's funny in an innocent/humorous way, I like that more than a guy who tries hard to be extra charming. I've met guys who are real charmers. They are indeed cute, but a guy who's sweet AND funny is 10x's cuter! And, I don't like guys who are overly sarcastic- it can be a major turnoff because after a while a person like that just comes off as being a real a-hole.

If a guy is himself, and he just happens to blurt out a few funny random things without trying, I just crack up. I don't know why, but when someone just clicks with us, whatever they say is just funny. It's hard to explain. I really don't that we can teach people to be humorous. Everyone has their own sense of humor, and it just depends if 2 people really click or not. There is no forcing it.

What are some good ways to make us smile? Be yourself. Yup, that's right! Just be yourself. If a guy tries too hard, a girl will sense it too

As usual BillyJean nails it. Just be yourself and your natural humor will shine. Everyone is funny, we just have different ways of expressing it. Let your own way of expressing it show through. And remember, there is a time and place for laughs, a time and place for seriousness. Be able to know the difference and you'll go far.

I consider my humor to be more like chris rock . And i def want a guy to be more funny than serious.

Funny to me means a joy for life. I have dated serious guys before and found them to be bitter. Plus when life threw a curve ball they would make situations much more worse. The funny guys were much more adult and could see the answers more clearly and had a way to make light of things.

I believe there is a time and a place for humour.

I can't give a female perspective - but I can tell you that there are some women who despise sarcasm. I'm a very sarcastic person by nature and have had quite a few run-ins with women, due to it.

However, I would never attempt to change my sense of humour, there is no need when there women who will appreciate it.

I have a question. Is it possible for a guy to over do it when it comes to being funny. See I am funny by nature, and I can be serious when the situation calls for it, but sometimes I think I overdo it without realizing it. It is in my nature to make someone laugh but I don't want to come off as trying to hard. My humor is all I have, the looks sure won't reel 'em in.

Just be as you are. If you are naturally incline to make jokes, go for it. As long as your not doing it at clearly inappropraite times, you are ok.

The way to develop your humor is to just not think about it and let the humor come to you.

Humor and seriousness are both a part of life. You need both. Otherwise, you aren't complete and well rounded.

Kyo, this new avatar is better then the last couple. Though for the life of me I can't figure out why...............