I guess there is a time in everyones's life where they feel alone. I recently moved to a new area. I have a boyfiend, but it has been very hard for me to make friends. I am someone who is very social, and maybe I make friends with men more easily, and now that for the first time in a long time I have a boyfriend it is a lot harder to make guy friends. I have been really depressed. I just wish I had my best friends from college with me, or my friends that I grew up with around me, and I don't. It is hard, and lonley, and sometimes very depressing. I think about moving home, but I don't want to give up. Sometimes I feel like there is nothing left in me. what do i do?

wow, my life.....

Hi there. First, I can totally understand where you are coming from. After an active college life that is full of friends....going out into the "real" world is quite a shock to our social lives. First know that its normal, esp when you leave the area. But know that as time goes on, and you start to know the area, and start to know yourself better...you will find friends again.

It's a wonderful time to focus on your career, get to know yourself...and explore new places. For the first time in your life, you have to work to make friends....but then you make the most wonderful friends based on who you really are....not party friends.

So stay put, enjoy this new adventure...and I promise...it's worth it.

And strange enough, even if you went back "home" the old friendships never stay quite the same....people start to marry, dive into their work and explore new arenas for themselves.

Hello Kimberleeaa,

Thank you for coming back to us for seeking advice. I understand that you feel out of sync and that you don't know what to do.

My suggestion is that you start to think what exactly your interests are and what your b/f's interests are. See what you share with your b/f and look what your own interests are. I would advice you to pick up on those interest. May be your b/f has some ideas, too.

I hope that sheds a different light on your situation and I hope that this helped you along the way... good luck

~ SwingFox ~

HI girl

I know how you feel, what I did, is join the gym, or some sort of hobby class. Doing activities together helps people to bond, there, be yourself and soon enough you will find yourself invited for drinks or a BBQ. Hang in there!