He broke up with me. I thought that I'd never hear from him again unless I initiate the contact.

Just when I wrote on my journal last night that I love him enough to let him go, he IMed me today. Why?

I tried my very best to maintain my own dignity by not writing him back because I know that i still have feelings for him. I hope I did the right thing even though I am dying to talk to him again and to know why he contacted me.

Has anyone experienced the same situation? How did you deal with it?

Thank you for listening,

C.C.

It doesn't really matter what other people did etc.

You have to do what you think's best for you.

You think you did the right thing - so it's OK.

Who knows why he IM'd - remorse? regret? boredom? lonliness?

It's unimportant.

If you want to make this easier on yourself; forget it happened.

He IMed me agian today to 'just' to tell me a good news about him. He said that he got this news last night. It's something I was aware of before the breakup.

I did what I would do if anyone told me a good news about themselves. So I replied 'congratulations' to him. I have been doing NC, but it did not matter to me if replying to him means that I broke it. I did what I think a good person would.

I know that it does not matter what his intension was any more and no one would know except himself, but i am curious. Could it be an coincidence that he IMed me out of blue two days ago and the following day he all of a sudden got this good news to tell me?

I have been repeating to myself and wondering about something: does it take strength to stand guard and take courage to let down my guard in my situation? I can not be his friend at this point, but I really can endure because I choose to be a worthy woman who can be strong.

Thank you for listening,

CC