My long time best friend... Need advice

Ive been friends with this guy (we'll call him mike) Okay well me and Mike have been friends since we were like 12 years old. We have been through everything together. He came from a crazy family. His dad left when he was a baby and mike never knew him. His mom does crack and meth and has a different boyfriend about every week. When we were little I never noticed these problems he was having. His mom never seemed like she was that way to me. But now we've got older and things came out. last year he got arrested. He was 18 so they put him in a juvenile facitly. We wrote eachother and he would tell me he was surprised I was his friend for so long cuz him and his family werent that well off and that my family was. And all this stuff about his mom, and how ive always been there for him and he never realized it. And that he knew that i would always be because of our bond. Okay so he got out and promised me he would not get into trouble or anything like that. (he got out in april).. He seemed to be doing well except for occasional drinking. But last night he came over to my house high. He kept saying things were on him and people were after him and all this. I could tell as soon as I saw him he was high. I asked him what he did and he said pills. I got really mad at him and told him that I should stop caring about him because he dont care about himself and all this other stuff. Well then I made him let me give him a ride to his brothers house. When he got out of the car I told him I was mad because I care so much about him and that he dont belong in jail that he was better than all that stuff. Everyone says that im the only one he will listin to but anymore I dont think he will listin to anyone. It makes me mad because I know him and I know that he can change if he wants to and that he such a nice, caring person. It makes me mad at him though that I have to yell at him like his mom. I love him and I hate the fact he does that to himself. He always tells me he wants to marry me someday because he cant see himself without me. But comeon... I dunno. It makes me sad to think he is out getting high and could be killed or put in jail. I want him to listin and stay away from that stuff but how do I get him to? what do I say?

PLease help

sounds like mike's had a tough life...

you know, if you really like him, you should get him professional help. drugs are addictive (no, i haven't and will NEVER try one even once in my life), and screws the mind up. if you don't get help, he'll always be like this, and nobody who cares wants that, and if you're the only one that cares, just get help.

good luck