PLEASE HELP, I'm confused

Marinicaj

hello,

ok this is what happened.. last month when I slept with my bf the condom broke, I went to the gynochologist the next day and he said not to worry since my ovulating days pasts.. so he did't give me the morning after pill.. I got my period the next day and it was 1 and a half week early! which is very weird.. but I figured since I was panicking that it came earlier.. so anyway the period lasted about 3-4 days which is also stranger cause it usually lasts 5-6 days , I had cramps like usual. anyway last week I though I goy my period again becasue I started bleeding but it only lasted 1 day! plus it came 1 week earlier as well... now Im very confused.. could I be pregnant? I mean I'm feeling fine expect that my breats are kinda sore.

any advice?

NIna

How old are you? When you are still young, it could be that your hormones are still trying to figure themselves out. It's not unusual for teens to have abnormal cycles. But if you still unsure, take a test. It's not going to hurt anything and atleast you know. But it doesn't sound like you are pregnant.

We won't be able to tell you if you are pregnant. It's so hard to say. Call your gynecologist and tell him what's going on. He would be able to tell you if this is something you should worry about. Maybe make an appointment and get a test done just to make sure.

I think it's odd he didn't give you the morning after pill.. just out of curiosity, are you on the birth control pill? If you are, then that might be why he didn't give it to you. But if not, then I would think it would be better to be safe than sorry. Was his only reason that you weren't ovulating?

Likely not...you got your period AFTER this encounter? AND the week after? Sounds like your body isn't ready for pregnancy yet. This has happened to me before BEFORE I was on BC and I wasn't pregnant. Give it till next month, but if it still worries you, take an EPT or other test and wait till your period. I doubt you are. There's only an 11% chance for pregnancy, even unprotected. PLUS you got your period right afterwards.

My periods vary in lengths each month- it's pretty common if yours is shorter or longer than normal. Don't worry.

hello

thanks for all your replies

but no I am not on the birth control pill, and yes the only reason why my gynochologist didbn't want to give me the morning after pill is because he said that he is 90% that my ovulation past..

I'm worried cause for the past 14 years my period has been regular, and I heard that sometimes when you are pregant that you still may have your period the first few months. but not a lot. just like a few drops of blood which is what I had.

NIna

Umm, first things first, switch gyno's now! No one can say when a woman has ovulated without having been charting all month and for a long enough time that you know your signs (if you don't know what charting is pick up Taking Charge of Your Fertility, it's an amazing book and I strongly recommend that every woman read it).

Next, like other posters have said there is no way to know without taking a test. There is a chance you are pregnant though, there's something called implantation bleeding that some women get, which is what is actually happening when women who are pregnant report a light period.

You don't have to answer but when you got your period the next month and it only lasted for a day was the blood bright red or more brownish? Either way it could mean you are pregnant but brownish is a more specific sign since that means it was old blood shedding and not fresh blood for that months uterine lining.

When you take the test use first morning urine, it's the most reliable.

hello,

well the gyno said that he can see from the ultrasound that I was done ovulating, and for the first time I got my period after it happened.. it wasn;t brownish it was kinda normal but very short.. and now the second time "I got it" which lasted a day.. it was kinda brownish.. but yeah I guess that my only choice would be to take that test and see what happens.. I mean I'm not worried about having a baby, Im 25 and I have been with my bf for 7 years about.. its just that the wondering if you are or not pregnant that annoyes me

thanks for you replies once again

Nina