Well I told him good bye today. We have been best friends for 6 years. But I can't take it anymore. We were engaged and he broke it off and just wanted to be friends but as badly as I want him in my life I want him to miss me. I want him to want to be with me....Last night was the worst night of my life. We "made love" one last time and now its gone. I hope you guys are all right when you say that no contact is the best thing that can happen. Because I can't screw this up. Like I said he has been my best friend since the 8th grade and with out him in my life I feel like dying. So I guess what I am asking....Did I do the right thing?

i think it is the best thing right now that u just keep ur distance from him. you cant be friends with the guy u are in love with and they are not having the same feelings at the time. i really think no contact will work best for you. not only will it give u a break from him but it will give u a chance to maybe grow and meet new people. yes it is SOOO hard to do NC but im tellin u after about two weeks of being strict with it, its not that bad and ur every move does not revovle with thoughts of them. it will get better and maybe now he will feel like he is actually loosing u and maybe it will make him start to think. best of luck to u, and just come on here and vent when ever u need to the folks on here are great at helping during rough times!

Thanks for the PM.

As I said - It's up to him to make the next move - if any.

NC is the best (and hardest) solution.

It'll give you time to realise that you have a life outside the relationship and you don't need him.

Good Luck and keep us updated on how you're doing.

Take Care.

Agreed. It will help you see things differently. Try not to think too much about it, it will tear you apart if you do. Get a hobby, diversify yourself.

When he does make the next move (and he probably will, otherwise he's not worth it) make sure you stay distant in a way, showing you are being strong. Don't lead him on thinking you don't care about him anymore though.

you made the right move. (i don't know about f****** him last night, though)

NC is your only hope at this point.

I can't begin to describe to you how hard this will be, especially if he doesn't call. But no matter how painful this gets, YOU CANNOT CONTACT HIM. It is the only way to find out how he truly feels. Don't let him call and make small talk. You want to marry this guy and you want and need answers. You have invested 6 years of your life with this man. You need to know whether or not he will spend the rest of his life with you, not how your day was at work.

If he feels the same way about you that you do about him, he will bust your door down to get you to talk to him. At this point only some kind of grand gesture earns your respect.

Be tough, and good luck.