HEY GUYS SECOND ENTRY, MORE DESCRIPTIVE, PLEASE HELP

THIS IS THE SECOND POST, AND IT IS A LITTLE MORE DESCRIPTIVE. MY EX AND I MET THROUGH MY SISTER AND BROTHER-IN-LAW. WE HIT IT OFF RIGHT OFF THE BAT. IT WAS A SORT OF LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT. HE HAD CONCERNS BECAUSE I WAS SO MUCH YOUNGER THAN HIM. I WAS EIGHTEEN AND HE WAS TWENTY FIVE. BUT ALL THAT ASIDE WE COULD'NT STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER. HE WAS THE PERFECT MAN, SWEET, REALLY FUNNY, AND THE BIGGEST GENTLEMAN YOU WOULD EVER MEET. ANYWAYS THINGS GOT SERIOUS. WE STOOD UP TOGETHER AT MY SISTERS WEDDING, AND HE STARTED TO GET TEARY EYED. LATER WHEN I ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG HE SAID HE WAS THINKING ABOUT ME BEING THE ONE WALKING DOWN THE AISLE, AND HIM BEING THE ONE STANDING AT THE ALTAR. IT IS NOW MORE THAN A YEAR LATER AND IT HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE. IT IS THE PAST COUPLE WEEKS THAT HE HAS BEEN DISTANT, AND COLD. I THINK HE MAY BE AFRAID OF COMMITMENT. ANY ADVICE?

Hi Hon,

I'm sorry that you are hurting right now. When we love someone and they leave us, we tend to grab onto anything we can that might mean they made a mistake and want to take us back.

I don't know if by telling you it's over "right now" he is saying he feels confused and isn't sure if he would take you back or not... or he means that from now on it's over for good.

Either way, what you need to pay attention to is his actions, which speak louder than words. Hon, he left you. He doesn't want to be with you right now. You deserve someone who does, 100% and doesn't have so much doubt that they leave you.

I know it hurts, and I am sorry that he told you one thing and did another, but you really need to see this for what it is. He left you, and for now, you have to accept that it's over and try to get on with your life.

jillybean2886

I know what your feeling and going throught, my bf 3 weeks ago said the same thing too me, we can not be together right now, he needs his space and time away from me, I asked him if his feelings have changed and he said no, and that he also will not say if he wants to get back together or not, but he is not saying no either.

this is going to be very very hard. I have had to lean on so many people for support and this site is great! I found the more you write the better you will feel.

it has been 3 weeks, and I am still VERY upset about this but in the same sense it is also starting to make me mad. so that is helping me a lot.

Good luck to you!

People don't suddenly change like that for no reason. Almost certainly something has happened to cause this. Something you did or said, something at work, something that happened to a friend. Any one of those things, or something else, could be the cause.

have you talked to him about what lies behind the reason?