HELP- ex GF problems or just plain paranoia?

Hi, I posted something a couple of days ago about my BF meeting his ex GF by accident but that they have been texting ex-other and sending emails to each other. It came to a head and he said that I had to trust him and that I could not say who his friends would be (this girl has dumped him twice!) and that he wanted me. sounds great eh?

Well on friday she sent him a text message, one of those ones that means she either wants to get back with him or she is moving on...couldn't quite tell and he is sick of me bringing the subject up all of the time so i haven't.

He was away for the weekend and saw me yesterday although he initially looked upset he soon changed and became all lovey and touchy feely, asking me if I still wanted to be with him, to which I replied yes...asking me if I felt happy and safe to which I said yes (because at that specific time I was).

Then today I emptied his overnight bag, which I normally do to do washing and there were cards and magazines his from when he was with his ex...a card was there from his ex and a couple of family cards. So I know that they have met up again which to be truthful I am ok about. What I do wonder is why she gave him the cards?..If they are old birthday cards from last year and one was from her why would she give them to him?

Should I be worried? Is there a significance in this or is it still a lingering insecurity hanging on?

please help

I could be wrong, but purely from what you've said, it would seem that these cards etc are the last trace of him with his ex. I would suspect that she's given them to him as a way of moving on. Could be he is embarrassed to tell you this out of pride. Pure speculation of course, but that's how i read it.

aight girl, this is a judgement call on your part, for real........cause seriously, who knows what is going on, obviously he is a lil defensive of his relationship with his ex-girl, so that could be something that isnt positive................so, just be watchful, but, to defend him, on the real, they could just be friends, who knows..............just ask him, dont confront him, just ask him about their friendship...........he shouldnt get defensive if u dont..............if he gets defensive, when u are just trying to be civil and understanding, then that is a bad sign, but for real, i would just keep my eyes open if i were u......................aight...........1

Hi Sabena,

If you feel that something is wrong, I would trust your instinct. Your boyfriend sounds a lot like my ex, who said I was paranoid and all that for being suspicious and made sure I wouldn't break up with him-----but after he broke up with me, I found out everything I suspected was true!

Of course, your boyfriend might be completely innocent but if he was considerate of your feelings he would do everything to reassure you that he is committed to you and understands that this makes you uncomfortable----and honestly stop seeing or talking to her!! How would he feel if you were talking and seeing your ex?

Has he ever let you watch while he is texting or emailing his ex? Does he let you read his email? Would he be willing to meet his ex when he is with you?