"Cheating." Need advice like none other.

Thanks for all of your confidence

The situation she told me is that towards the beginning of our relationship, she was up at another college visiting her best friend, and obviously, they got drunk. She "hooked up" with a guy that night and I come to find out that every time she previously went up to IU, that she would "hook up" with this same fellow. It wasn't "anything romantic" though, but in my book if you have a stable action-friend at another college, how could it not be remotely romantic? Se la ve, I suppose. She also said, verbatim, that "no one would have found out if I didn't tell you." Which doesn't sound awkwardly familiar, now does it?

Later yesterday, she says to me while we're at dinner with one of my Fraternity brothers, "I just can't believe you did this six months into our relationship...I need to just get over that in my own mind." To which my natural male instict of self-preservation replied O'Reily style, "I'm glad that the fact is that you WANT to get over it and continue this, but you kept the secret hidden from me longer, so we both have to work through this together in like-fashion."

Only time will tell...she's staying with me tonight, and once everything gets settled in with school, she's still wanting to move in with me, so that's just one more thing to add to my prayer-list.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you both. Telling each other has opened more doors for you and made you closer and more able to talk about this and get it out....imagine how toxic your relationship would've been if you both were keeping these big secrets from each other..... my guess is it would not have lasted.

Now at least you can both start fresh and really give this a good, honest try.

Best of luck to you both!

Hey jasper, I had a hunch she wouldn't of told you, cause nobody would probably in real life, if they knew they would get away with it. I don't know how your gonna go about it in the future. I would defenitley keep my eyes and EARS open for awhile. She's on probation, cause she did it more than once. You only did it once, so she's more at fault in my opinion than you are. So I think if she wants to visit that college again in the future, go with her next time. If you get my point. Take care, goodluck