how to be smooth

First of all, don't tell them what they want to hear. Yes, saying "you're beautiful" or "you have gorgeous eyes" is nice to hear but it's not worth believing if you don't mean it. Be honest and truthful.

What does it for me is when my boyfriend comes home and tells me his misses me after a long hard day of work and plants a kiss to show that he means it. It's spontaneous, not planned or rehearsed. And when I get a whiff of his cologne... oooh, melting point there as well. Oh, and eye contact works for me as well. For him to reveal his deepest feelings to me while looking deep into my eyes... what woman wouldn't like that?

So, I hope this gives you somewhat of an insight. Good luck!

Just to add to the above poster...

The nice compliment phrases are good, but if they start becoming a routine, like you have to call her beautiful everytime you say Hey, or Bye, than they will get really repetitive and stale, and chances are she won't take it seriously anymore. She'll just see it as a routine.

I think I'm at the point, but I'm afraid of the consequences if I were to just stop saying it one day. O_O

I know I'm a guy, but hear me out. And if any women disagrees with this, go ahead and say so.

There is no answer to the question. Each women is different and will melt at different things. What you should do is tailor to her needs. Pay attention to what she likes and what drives her crazy. Your thoughts are on pleasing her, so give her what she wants.

Be sincere. Compliments can work at anytime, if they come from the heart and don't come off as you just saying them because you think its what they want to hear. You have to really want to do what your doing, really desire to make her feel good and loved.

Also, don't try to make her heart melt. Seems crazy, right? Not to try? What I mean is to not be planning things out. Let it come naturally. Planning great romantic nights and gestures is good once in awhile, but it is the small spontaneous things that are truly special. You can melt a girls heart from the smallest of gesture. If she's not feeling well, give her breakfast in bed. Surprise her one night by fixing her favorite meal. Call her up from work just to say you love her and were thinking of her. If she is feeling sad or upset, be there to talk with or give her a shoulder to cry on. These things show how much you care and can melt her heart.

Shy Soul is on the right track. Every woman is different...and everywoman changes like the wind and the weather.

I like a man with confidence. A man who sets goals and priorities. Someone who has his "stuff" together... from career to personal life.

A balance in business and pleasure. A man who wants to play all the time is fun but he better have a plan for how he runs his life. That is a turn on.

Melt??? The little things. Picking a flower from the garden on a whim. Romance. Spontanity. Breakfast in bed. Cook me a romantic dinner. Dance with me w/o music in a parking lot. Make me grin and laugh. Look at the bright side of life. Write me poetry. Nibble on my neck. Butterfly kisses all over. Chocolate... oh yes, chocolate is a favorite. Shower with me. Bathe with me... lol shave my legs. Hold my hand. Whisper sweet nothings in my ear. Just hold me... LOL. Don't get into a routine... make it different everytime. Make it special.

Dates: Take me to the museum. Take me fishing. Take me for a walk in the park. Take me to the ball game. Take me to the ballet or symphony... take me to the neighborhood bar.

Be kind. Be gentle. Be honest. Be true.

LOL... there's a song that comes to mind right about now..."These are a few of my favorite things."

Yep... it gave me a giggle and a grin... and thanx for the chocolate. Luv it!

The orginal poster asked about what makes a woman melt... and the bottom line is... use your imagination and have fun. You have to keep having fun.

Its all fun, games and giggles in the beginning. When its fresh and new. And after a while LIFE takes over. Understandably. However, women are like kitty cats... we need the strokes (pardon the pun) and the love.

Be creative. Pack a picnic basket and pretend you're on the beach in your living room in the middle of winter. Leave love notes.. in her car.

Men are visual animals... hence, women spend so much $$ on beauty products and clothes.

Women are cerebral or auditory... whispering sweet nothings in our ear gives us a zing... or it give me a zing anyway... a love pat on the diererre... or butterfly carress in passing... and whooo hooo... gets us to thinkin. Its all about the build up for us... and granted it takes more to build us up...but the pay off as Pressfit pointed out... it 100 fold.

PET PEEVE: In todays fast paced, fast food society.. we've become desensitized... have you ever noticed how many restraurants today have entertainment. Big Screen TV's. TV's with Trivia games... and Tonz of Eye candy Cha-cki's to look at while you have you're meal. Next time you go out... look around, you can tell which couples are Newly dating....and which couples have been together for a long time. Newbies, will be staring at each other, laughing and conversing. Oldies, one or both will be distracted zoning out to the TV or staring at the cha-cki's. You want to keep your signifcant other at a "melting" point??? well, if she's distracted then start telling her what you're going to do or would like to do with her when you get out of the restaurant. Paint a picture. Want to really set her off... don't wait till you get home. And for the woman out there... its nice to be a woman and be able to wear dress or skirt isn't it... when your mate is distracted... whisper in his ear that you have NOTHING underneath that dress.... and ZING. You've got his attention. LOL.

Thanks for the grins Pressfit. Loved it!!

Yep... it gave me a giggle and a grin... and thanx for the chocolate. Luv it!

The orginal poster asked about what makes a woman melt... and the bottom line is... use your imagination and have fun. You have to keep having fun.

Its all fun, games and giggles in the beginning. When its fresh and new. And after a while LIFE takes over. Understandably. However, women are like kitty cats... we need the strokes (pardon the pun) and the love.

Be creative. Pack a picnic basket and pretend you're on the beach in your living room in the middle of winter. Leave love notes.. in her car.

Men are visual animals... hence, women spend so much $$ on beauty products and clothes.

Women are cerebral or auditory... whispering sweet nothings in our ear gives us a zing... or it give me a zing anyway... a love pat on the diererre... or butterfly carress in passing... and whooo hooo... gets us to thinkin. Its all about the build up for us... and granted it takes more to build us up...but the pay off as Pressfit pointed out... it 100 fold.

PET PEEVE: In todays fast paced, fast food society.. we've become desensitized... have you ever noticed how many restraurants today have entertainment. Big Screen TV's. TV's with Trivia games... and Tonz of Eye candy Cha-cki's to look at while you have you're meal. Next time you go out... look around, you can tell which couples are Newly dating....and which couples have been together for a long time. Newbies, will be staring at each other, laughing and conversing. Oldies, one or both will be distracted zoning out to the TV or staring at the cha-cki's. You want to keep your signifcant other at a "melting" point??? well, if she's distracted then start telling her what you're going to do or would like to do with her when you get out of the restaurant. Paint a picture. Want to really set her off... don't wait till you get home. And for the woman out there... its nice to be a woman and be able to wear dress or skirt isn't it... when your mate is distracted... whisper in his ear that you have NOTHING underneath that dress.... and ZING. You've got his attention. LOL.

Thanks for the grins Pressfit. Loved it!!

And yet, when we are really in love it won't matter how much you spend on those beauty products, you'll always be beautiful. You could have just woken up, teeth not brushed, hair a mess, in flannel pj's... you'd still be the most beautiful women in the world.

Shadows Light, I'm a little late for giving chocolates, someone already beat me to it. Hmm... will you accept this rose as well?

Seriously, I hope guys were paying attention to that. If not, there being fools.

Ladies, Ive got a question for you. What can a guy do for you, or has done for that just makes you melt? What could I wear/say/do, whatever, to make my gf weak in the knees? Really, I'm open to anything.

I answered a similar question several months ago like this:

What turns a woman on varies from woman to woman. If there's one universal turn-on, it's that every woman wants to feel loved & appreciated for who she is physically, mentally, and spiritually. Tap into that (with sincerity) and you'll find yourself "loved" beyond your wildest dreams.

But on a more personal note, what has always "melted" me are those guys who treat others less fortunate than himself and those with whom he has absolutely nothing to gain from, with love and kindness. Some examples I've seen from my own life:

- The sensitive, chivalrous guy who asks the shy girl no one else even notices, to dance.

- The good Samaritan who stops near a busy intersection to help a stranded mom & her crying kids change her flat tire.

- The guy who makes a point of being kind to retail and wait staff and tipping generously, because he's always aware of how difficult their jobs can be.

- The guy who senses a tense situation and bravely steps in to diffuse it before others get hurt.

When a woman sees a man treats perfect strangers with selfless kindness, she can't help but "melt", because she knows that she's just seeing the tip of what he's capable of for those he truly cares about and for the woman who's ultimately lucky enough to win his heart, bear his children, and share his life.

Shy Soul... well thank-you so much for the flowers.. much much appreciated... LOL... and today.. I can really use them, virtual or real, they made my day. Along with that box of chocolates. I'm batting 1000.

Not that I've given up on vanity and all the beauty products, but I've become comfortable in my own skin. So love me for my flannel PJ's or sultry nightgowns. Getting the complements or seeing a mans eyes light up no matter what you look like... is a turn on. True true true.

Small World.... YES YES YES. To all of your comments but most of all to the ones about how a man treats others. A man who offeres a helping hand to a friend or a complete stranger is aces in my book. If he treats friends, family and strangers with self-less kindness then you know he will treat you with the same and love you.

I'm a northern gal and very much my own person. Hate the word feminist....has not so nice conotations sometimes. But you know what's really nice... a guy who will open doors for you. A guy who will walk with you and put his hand on the small of your back. A guy who calls you "darlin', sweetheart, honey, sugar".... recently took a trip down south and I was tripping over myself with how them southern boys treat a girl. LOL. Makes you want to go home and bake them an APPLE PIE and treat them like royalty. What you send out.... comes back to you. Take care ya'll.....

I think I want to start a blog on what makes men melt... or turn on's..... women don't give ya'll enough credit, because it can't just be the "obvious" (eye's rolling and grin). See you in the next string.

Smallworld... ;-) if thats what it takes to make a girl 'melt' then... i don't mean to be rude, but thats kinda high expectations to 'melt' someone

In my opinion, Chivalry = Dead... Not because guys don't care, its because women don't want us to do that stuff anymore... I still do all that open the doors n pay for w/e... But most girls I have dated, really don't like it. Maybe the Southern guys are more into it, because the girls are too! So if you want to be treated like that, just ask. Or when he opens up a door, say "O thank you, I love it when you are chivalrous." guys will get the hint! haha

When I see a woman wait patiently, help me out, help someone cross a street, or asks a shy guy to dance...

Then I WOULD MELT, cuz it would never happen haha! All i'm saying is that don't set it up so high that no one does it or ur gonna be let down... I'm a nice guy, and actually do 3 of those, haven't helped a mom change her tire... haha, im still working on how to find out how to CHANGE a tire hah.

Anyways, I'm just saying that I think that if u want a girl to melt, tell her how you feel, and be compassionate and loving... I'm pretty sure that will do the trick... Or I have been fooled for 17 years! haha

Aight thats all i have to say, you can rant and rave and flame my post now

Small World.... YES YES YES.

Shadows Light, I kinda found my post cathartic too!

Smallworld... if thats what it takes to make a girl 'melt' then... i don't mean to be rude, but thats kinda high expectations to 'melt' someone.

Svenman darling, that's just the thing. The guys who did the above weren't trying to impress anyone. They just did those things because they were good people with good hearts. This is why my heart "melted" in those instances. If you don't want to be chivalrous, if it's "not you," that's perfectly fine. My heart needs a break from all this "melting" anyway.

Chivalry isn't dead. Every day men open doors for me and I open doors for them in California, home of "fruits and nuts." I admit though I was raised in the South and so maybe my expectations of men and chivalry are a little higher than most, but so far I've never been disappointed.

In order to make a woman melt you have to be man enough to handle it first. If your are serous about making the change, you should contact Improved Image Consulting Services, link removed. I am almost positive one of their consultants can help you with what to do, say and wear.

A little birdie told me about it.

Shadows Light said a northern gal and very much my own person. Hate the word feminist....has not so nice conotations sometimes. fem·i·nism (fĕm'ə-nĭz'əm) pronunciation

n.

1. Belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes.

2. The movement organized around this belief.

Just thought I'd point out the true definition of this word because it's a real shame that it's come to carry a negative connotation. I think more people would identify with this word if they knew its true definition posted above. And I say proudly that I, a mascualine and heterosexual male, am a feminist.

Further, I don't think anyone who does not believe in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes could truly make a woman "weak in the knees" unless, of course, the woman is a masochist. I realize I'm not a woman and thereforeeee couldn't really know this to be fact, but I think you have to respect a woman as your equal if you're really going to make her feel sexy.

You never know though. Some girls just really want to be dominated.

Um, can't say much for my tire changing skills, but I do the rest. Maybe thats why I don't fit in, I'm too polite. Need to move to the south where manners still mean something.

Basically, it comes down to respect, kindness and genuine compassion for your fellow human beings. Doing whats right, because it is right. Treating others as you would want to be treated. It's so simple, yet not that common. That's why it melts a womens heart, because true chilvalry is rare.

Smallworld... ;-) In my opinion, Chivalry = Dead... /quote]

As far as chivalry being dead, I have to disagree.

It's not a chore, duty, or responsibility, its a privilage.

I was raised in a southern family and now live in the north and can see why some people see it as dead. Nobody does anything. I've seen guys close doors right in the faces of women without a second thought, or allow an elderly co-worker to try and carry an extremely heavy box without even offering a hand. The heart of the concept is respect and appreciation. It's not coming from the mentality that women can't do it themselves, it's just showing them how valuable they are to us.

Um, can't say much for my tire changing skills, but I do the rest. Maybe thats why I don't fit in, I'm too polite. Need to move to the south where manners still mean something.

Sir ShySoul, I respectfully disagree. Ever since Darth Schwarzenegger took over, the northern half of the state is in even greater need of your chivlary, not less.

The heart of the concept is respect and appreciation. It's not coming from the mentality that women can't do it themselves, it's just showing them how valuable they are to us.

Bogie, you're making me homesick! 8) I agree with you, but I also believe that women can and should be chivalrous too, not out of some "need to be equal," but just because it's the right thing to do. If you see someone struggling with a package, why not open that door? If you go through a door first, why not hold it open a few extra seconds for the person behind you? It's all about treating others as you wish to be treated. Ironically since I've become more chivalrous, I've found the world to be a lot more kind and loving place. So no... Chivalry isn't dead... it's evolving!

Sir ShySoul, I respectfully disagree. Ever since Darth Schwarzenegger took over, the northern half of the state is in even greater need of your chivlary, not less.

Fair lady small, you have a point. But is the frustration of fighting a war against impossible odds worth it? When so few around here get it, does it not grate on a man's nerves? Do we not long to be around others who understand our ways?

Then again, I guess the chivlrous is needed here. It sets us apart. And it is the right thing to do.

Ironically since I've become more chivalrous, I've found the world to be a lot more kind and loving place

Our preception shapes our reality. If you believe that everyone is looking out for themselves, that's what you will see. If you believe others truly care and love each other and take an extra few seconds to do a nice act, you'll find that kindness returned. Just try smiling at people you see, and see who will smile back. That's how you can tell the nice ones. And smiling is like yawning, its contagious.

Fair lady small, you have a point. But is the frustration of fighting a war against impossible odds worth it? When so few around here get it, does it not grate on a man's nerves? Do we not long to be around others who understand our ways?

Jedi Shy, Wars not make one great. Master Yoda advises that if you feel your services are no longer warranted in the north quadrant, then "Let the Force be your ally, for a powerful ally it is. Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future...the past. Old friends long gone. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future. You will know. When you are calm, at peace. Passive. You must feel the Force around you."

Who am I to argue?