saw ex for the first time since xmas

So as i have posted before my ex and i broke up what is now 9 months. he ended it becuase he didnt want a relationship not sure what he wanted......all that. so i picked myself up and im good now. well anyways hes been a little more intrested in me these days.

through this whole breakup he has been the one to iniciate all the contact. i never have and he would randomly call me here and there but it has been more often recently.

in the end of may he called me a couple times trying to get me to go to a couple parties with him, then at the beginning of june i got a stupid "hey sweetie" text, then later he calls me and wants to know if i want to get something to eat..... (more explained here)

then this past week he sent me a stupid text asking if i was going to my beach house again. all i can think of is why the heck does he care. he said he might go this weekend (same beach) with a friend i was like no but hopefully soon. he asked why i wasnt going and i tol him i had to work. anyways i told him on acctident that i was working thrusday and friday night instead of saying friday sat. But i work at the mall so i went there after a test on thrusaday and i ran into him and two of his frineds at the mall. this was the first time i have seen him since christmas time.

he came towards me picked me up and hugged me..........we talked in the store for about 30mins and then the two of us walked aroudn the mall together. it went really well.....he would often bring things up abotu the past. i believe one of the reasons he came to hte mall was to try to see me at work beucase he was all like " arent u working tonight? you told me u were working? i could of sworn u said u were working" and im like geez what do u care.

anyways yesterday i got a text from him saying "you looked so pretty yesterday" and i told him he looked pretty too being dumb. anyways we talked back and fowrth through textes then i had to get back to work. he was going away this weekend with his buddies to the beach (but just the one around here not even the one he was asking me about) so im thinkin maybe its a good thing cuase it shows he was thinkin of me?

But anyways its been 9 months. he broke up wtih me. who really keeps incontact wtih an ex after this long.......and did he have to send that text. when we talked it went very well....i really think he tries to find any excuse to contact me.....i just wonder what hes thinkin after all this

Well first I am wondering what you are thinking. Are you interested in getting back together with him? Do you still have feelings for him?

It sounds as though now that he has had time to think things over and be by himself for awhile, that he may be interested in seeing you again.

What would you like to see happen?

i still have feelings for him i care about him very much as much as i try to act like i dont care and all that. i just wish i had a better feeling about all this cause i think all the time "he doesnt have to be doing this......he could just leave me alone" but really id rather him not leave me alone. i almost think him keeping contact could be good. but at the same time its likw what is he thinkin? does he miss things........had he had time to think things through? also i mean he didnt have to send the stupid text about saying i looked pretty, u know?

You've been apart for 9 months... any idea what he was up to for those 9 months?

He's probably had a good long while to think this over and it does seem as though he is trying to show you that he is in fact interesting in at least spending some time together.

Did you two talk and keep in tough through the last 9 months? How was that? Has his attitude changed alot recently when he's been showing you more attention and affection?

thanks for ur responces....i really appreciate ur thoughts.

we have kept in contact but all of which were by him. there were long periods of time like months where i woudlnt hear anyting....which i was fine with because i needed those times to be alone and not hear from him because i didnt need to be messed up emotionally and all.

its just recently i have noticed a lot more intrest then normal. He just seems so intrested in me, and i dont always have to hear about him when we tlak. i used to hear how great his life was but now i make sure he hears how great my life is now and how everything is going really good and he listens to it all. i just think the last text he had sent me might not mean a lot to some people but to me......that was the first time i heard him say anything about the way i looked since before we broke up and for him to say that while hes suppose to be with the "boys" and stuff.....course it could jsut be me totally thinkin into it all to much. i keep telling myself to wait and see what he does next but i just wish i knew what he was thikin now.

when we said good bye to eachother when i saw him at the mall on thrusday he was like call me this week ok? and i said yeah ok but i wasnt going to becuase i was going to let him call me if he wanted to talk to me. but then i got that text wayyyyy before i thought iwould hear anything from him.

hahaha, wow, the same thing happened with me today! My ex contacted me today, although I broke up with him 2 weeks before Xmas and we haven't talked since. I just basically didn't like him anymore, we were doing long-distance, and I just didn't want him to continue texting me anymore, it would still feel like we're dating you know? Since we never saw each other face-to-face when dating for a few months anyway (we dated during the summer, then he left for another country for school.)

Anyway, it's completely up to you. I was offended by his message to get back in touch with me (I know he's considering getting back together again), but I tried to make it clear that I'm not interested and am "enjoying dating" now (I wasn't going to lie & say i'm in a relationship in case he asks one of my friends or something.)

But anyway, as others said, it's up to you. If you want to do something, then make plans for the 4th, if not then forget about him. If you don't want to talk with him anymore, just block him from MSN. heh. Good luck!

Lily

p.s. I made a thread about my situation here:

If you wouldn't mind checking it out & giving me your thoughts perhaps? thx. =)

lovestinks,

I think if you are interested in starting something up with him again, just take it slow. Let him initiate the plans for awhile, and show you that he is interested in spending the time with you and willing to put in the effort it will take.

Make him earn your trust again.

I think you have a fair shot at this, just don't rush into anything too fast, and make sure you feel comfortable and confident that he wants this as much as you do.

Good luck!

thanks for ur input....i got more now.....

so he called me last night around 2 AM. yeah he had been drinking a little bit...........but to be on his way home from the beach with his friend he decided to call me? He was all surprised that i was awake and he was wondering what i was doing. i told him i was up watching a movie and he was like with who and i said no body. he then said "u should of called me i would of loved to watch a movie with u" blah blah.

Then he continued to talk about how he woudl of liked to watch a moive with me. He then brought up us going out again. He said thismorning for us to go out and get breakfast but i said no cuase i wanted to sleepin. Then he threw out a couple of other days and i said well if u call me ill go out with u. He said "you know u could call me too" i said well i never know when ur busy he was like im always free after 5. he said u better call me this week or ill be very upset. He as like im so glad u were awake caue i really wanted to talk to u.

i told him that he most likely wont remmeber talkin to me but he was like nooo i will casue i really wanted to talk to u.

maybe it was just a dumb drunk call..........

he has im sure been drunk many times through this break up but he has never called me during those times.....

so i called him the other day to i guess to put forth my effort and see what kind of responce i would get.....i dont know.

he was at work but he answered anywyas. we talked for a little bit he told me he was going to a concert thta night and i made sure to tell him i was going to the beach (i have to make sure he knows i have a life too). he said he would call me again this week.

he texted me late afternoon telling me a joke......a joke? why? was it needed to send me that or was it just soem reason to talk to me?

He seems to be contacting you on a regular basis, so I would exclude the drunk dailing he did and concentrate on the other times, when you know he is sober. (which hopefully is most of the time? )

As long as he continues to make efforts to see you, and you are pleased with the way things are going, and feel he is working towards earning your trust, keep doing what you are doing.

I think it's good that you are having a life without him too, that's important.