I've been on alesse 21 for about 4 months, about a week, maybe a little more, i was at a friends party, got drunk, passed out, thereforeeee forgetting my pill . I took it the next morning. Then I started bleeding, and it seemed like my period. it was the same amount of bleeding, and lasted for about the same amount of days. Can your period come early on birth control? Can the missed pill cause that? Since your body might think you're not on BC anymore? My boyfriend are sexually active... he always pulls out... the other day we used a condom just to be safe, we havent had sex since. Should i use condoms since i missed the pill?

i need advice. I tried looking it up on the internet but it wont give me very many answers. im just curious about the period thing?? yesterday was my last pill of the pack, but i stopped bleeding today . im so confused ! any advice?????? thanks.

First off, always, always, always use any and all effective methods of protection to prevent pregnancy, if you and your partner aren't mutually agreeable to the pregnancy of course. This means condoms and birth control, combined....and not the pull out method. That, or the obvious...abstinence.

To explain a little about the pill....when you stop taking it, or when you forget to take the pill for more than a day, and you don't double up, your period will automatically come. Usually, having your period is not a signal of pregnancy. You guys are young. If you don't want kids right now, which you shouldn't want any right now, stick to the pills as faithfully as possible and ask your boyfriend to always use a condom. Yes, the feeling won't be the same for him....but it's either that, or his butt becomes a father and you, a mother!

Not the place to condemn actions marijo2480.

If she didn't need Help she wouldn't be here.

trendy - i suggest talking to your doctor.

Did you consider a morning after pill?

I'd also suggest that 'pulling out' isn't always effective.

It also does little to prevent some STD's.

A condom [though not 100% safe] will help

. i know all that.
You know how many friends I have that have said that... and now they have kids... yea they are barely hanging on now due to having to raise a kid at 17-19 years old.... the truth is we don't know... we just say that so we don't have to hear someone nitpick at us.

as for the pill ordeal... ask your doctor.

-.ins

I think you need a girl to answer you here

I have been on alese for quite a while. Everyone's body reacts differently to the pills. You body could still be adjusting to the pills and you had a break through period. I would use condoms until your period is more regulated.

It says on the packet that if you miss a pill just take it as soon as you realize, and then take your next pill at the regular time.

Trendy, it's not a put down and we aren't here to lecture you or judge you. Teen pregnancies are so common these days and it really is something to not be taken lightly.

Anyway, you asked about the bleeding. If you're that concerned, then call your gyno, tell the nurse your situation, and ask for their medical advice. If need be, make an appointment to make sure all is okay.