First of all, I am taking BC for medicinal reasons .. to diagnose if I have link removed or not.

I was never okay with it because I was afraid of gaining weight. I moved past that and accepted that my health is more important than a little wieght. I'm on my second day now, and I find myself bummed out for no reason. Even when my friends are affectionate and loving with me, even when they give me attention, even when I go shopping. (Those are things that ussually make me happy).

Just now, I was sitting here sobbing. I have no idea why. I've heard that birth control can cause mood swings, but I've never had a mood swing for absolutely no reason.

Is it the birth control, or just me? And what can I do to stop this?

I'd also appresciate any info on weight gain .. and how I can avoid it.

Yes that could be related to the birth control. I'd say give it time and see if body adjusts to the hormones. But if you are really concerned call your doctor. As far as the weight gain it either happens or it doesn't, some people actually lose weight on the pill. I got a blood clot on it, so it really does depend on the person.

I've been on birth control pills for about 9 years. I didn't really notice weight gain, except for feeling really bloated with water-weight around the time you get your period. That's about the only difference I have noticed since I've been on it. To avoid weight gain under any circumstances eat a healthy well balanced diet, and be sure to exercise. Eating well and exercising can also be a mood booster.

When I first began taking the pill, my doctor had to switch me to a different type of pill because the first one she prescribed wasn't the right hormone level so it gave me headaches. But since switching to the other type I've been fine for 9 years.

You are experiencing symptoms only 2 days after taking the pill? Be sure to take it on a full stomach, or it might make you feel queasy if you have a sensitive stomach.

Are you sure it's the pill that's making you feel bad, or is it worrying about the Endometriosis? It sounds like there's a lot going on that would legitimately lower your mood besides just taking the pill. Give it a chance and see how you feel with time. The pill can cause mood swings- but it's hard ot tell in this situation because you have not been taking it that long and their are other factors (worrying about your health, worrying about weight gain) that are interfering so it's hard to isolate it to see if it's just the pill doing it.

BellaDonna