Its been nearly 3 months since my ex of 6 years and myself broke up.

She told me that she was no longer in love with me anymore.

For the past couple of months I have gone through all the usual post-break-up emotions, shock, anger, denial, etc......

I questioned her motives, her understanding of mature relationships, if she understood what love meant, I analyised and over analyised everything.

She wanted to remain friends, which was impossible to begin with, I did N/C for about a month.

But when my energy was finally drained, I realised the cold hard truth, whatever were her reasons, her feelings had changed and there was nothing I could do to bring her back.

I loved this girl with all my heart, have such wonderful memories of our time together, looked forward to the future and having children, spending the rest of our lives together.

This has all changed and as much as I want her to be with me, I must let her go, let her live what life she wants.

I contacted her a few days ago, we spoke of the future and not the past, I have agreed to remain friends as I care about her very much, but relalise that I must now start re-building my own life.

I'm so sorry to hear about your heart-ache. That's going to take a lot of time to get over. But you will. If you can handle it, stay friends with her. If it keeps you from getting over her, then maybe you should consider NC again. Do whats best for you. What's most important now is your happiness. Learn to be happy without her in your life.

I understand what you are going through,I am going through almost the exact same thing,stay strong,It's not easy but it does get better as you begin to work on things and live your life without the person you thought you would be with forever.Take care.