I'm so frustrated with my siblings more especially my heartless brother

I don't know if I'm a bad girl but I'm the black sheep of my family and they don't want to hear what I ever have to say, my brother beats me so much to the extent where he can stone me a glass because he hates me and my parents don't caution him because he helps with our finances

I broke my nose because of my brother, fell ill because of him and recently he hit me with his shoe with its sow lie a rod

I've got so many swellings in my body, bruises because of him

And fact I'm not usually wrong as long as I'm in the story he assumes it's me that caused it, even if I'm not part of the story

My other siblings takes him like their God but I can't stand it, what do I do 

• Sad 1

How old are you?   If you're a minor child in school, go to the school nurse or a counselor and tell them that you are being physically abused in your home.   

If you are an adult you can call a women's abuse hotline and they can help you make a plan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are not a bad girl. You are not wrong. You are not responsible for his behavior. This is his doing, he is the one at fault. 

No one should be treated that way. And your family should be supporting you and putting a stop to it.

Please seek help. As Jaunty said, if you are in school, go to a counselor/nurse/teacher, anyone who can help you. If you are an adult, there are phone numbers you can call. 

You don't deserve this. Hope you can find a way out. You are strong and can do it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gah, so your immediate family is physically and emotionally abusive.

You're definitely not a bad girl, you're in a bad situation. No one should have to go through what you're going through, especially at the hands of their own family. 

I agree that you need outside help -  seek out any resources available to help you get out of this situation. Reach out to local organizations or hotlines for help, contact authorities if necessary.

When you say he helps with finances, does that mean he's paying for your rent/car/etc.?

If so, that tie needs to removed and you need to find a way to make yourself self-sufficient. Do you live with him? Are you under the age of 18? There may be resources available through your school or a youth center to help you get out of this situation as well. 

In the meantime, try to avoid him as much as possible and keep yourself safe. And remember, you are not a bad girl - you are a victim of abuse.  

• Thanks 3

I also encourage you to speak up.  Tell a trusted teacher or colleague.  Document the bruises with photos.  If it's that bad, call the cops & report him for criminal assault.  

• Thanks 2
On 5/7/2024 at 7:13 AM, MissCanuck said:

OP, how old are you? 

What part of the world are you in?

Your answers to these questions may help us better guide you and steer you towards available local resources. 

I'm 16

Nigeria

On 5/7/2024 at 2:30 PM, yogacat said:

Gah, so your immediate family is physically and emotionally abusive.

You're definitely not a bad girl, you're in a bad situation. No one should have to go through what you're going through, especially at the hands of their own family. 

I agree that you need outside help -  seek out any resources available to help you get out of this situation. Reach out to local organizations or hotlines for help, contact authorities if necessary.

When you say he helps with finances, does that mean he's paying for your rent/car/etc.?

If so, that tie needs to removed and you need to find a way to make yourself self-sufficient. Do you live with him? Are you under the age of 18? There may be resources available through your school or a youth center to help you get out of this situation as well. 

In the meantime, try to avoid him as much as possible and keep yourself safe. And remember, you are not a bad girl - you are a victim of abuse.  

We don't pay rent we have a house

But just minor help, like provisions at times 

On 5/7/2024 at 1:43 AM, Blurry 123 said:

I don't know if I'm a bad girl but I'm the black sheep of my family and they don't want to hear what I ever have to say, my brother beats me so much to the extent where he can stone me a glass because he hates me and my parents don't caution him because he helps with our finances

I broke my nose because of my brother, fell ill because of him and recently he hit me with his shoe with its sow lie a rod

I've got so many swellings in my body, bruises because of him

And fact I'm not usually wrong as long as I'm in the story he assumes it's me that caused it, even if I'm not part of the story

My other siblings takes him like their God but I can't stand it, what do I do 

What hurts me the most is that he never says sorry but all of a sudden we get along like he does with my other siblings and in situations relating to this he never hears me out, he just prefer hitting me