Am i being selfish ?

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for some advice if possible please . 

I moved in with my partner over a year ago , we decided to do it this way as my employment offered grater flexibility regarding relocation rather than hers. She has x 2 children whom are amazing , and we get along fantastically. 

My partner visits her mother often as she lives alone , her mother is an amazing woman and has welcomed me with both hands and again , we get on brilliantly , however , over the last month or so, I feel myself pushing away from visiting her, Not quite sure if this makes sense , but for me , it saddens me , as I do not get to see my own parents as much as I visit her mother , it’s not jealousy, but more in my mind, Guilt ? 

I miss my parents as any person would , moving three and a half hours drive away , also both in their seventies, but luckily , I have family around the area keeping an eye on them . 

my question is ? Has anyone ever experienced such feelings or been in a similar situation ? Am I being selfish or stupid ? My partner told me her mother is asking if everything ok as I do not visit her as much , I do know that the first point would be to discuss with my partner regarding my feelings, but firstly I wanted to make sure that I’m not being some pathetic fool spitting his dummy out . Any advice greatly appreciated. Thank you 

14 minutes ago, AALJ9281 said:

My partner told me her mother is asking if everything ok as I do not visit her as much

You could explain that you have some regrets moving into her house in her area because you're a bit homesick and miss your parents. Why not arrange to see them more often since you mentioned greater flexibility. 

• Like 1

Challenge yourself to go visit your parents more often. If you have flexibility at work, then you can overnight there, yes?

You already sense the 'why' behind your behavior, so complete the loop by resolving the problem. From there, you can freely agree to visit your partner's Mom whenever it doesn't interfere with your own plans to visit your own parents.