Only half way with me

I'm gonna explain this as best as I can. 

So "BOB" and I ihave been together off and on for the past 18 yrs. The off time has mostly been when he is in prison. He's gone 4 diff times. I know what ur thinking why be with someone that's been In prison so much. BecUse he's amazing. I love everything about him. My problem that I'm having rn is this last time he was away I was having extreme financial problems and had to move in with a guy friend .now that he's out he's living with his brother and sister and on probation. But I feel like he doesn't want to commit and be in relationship 100% like living together.  I also have a 5 yr old daughter from another man but to my daughter "BOB" is daddy . So he's always coming over everyday to see her and it's. Seaming like just to have sex w me and dip. I probly sound crazy.  Does anyone understand?

You say you love everything about him. Do you love that he's been to prison four times? Do you love that he did whatever it was that got him sent to prison? Do you love that he doesn't want to live with you or that he seems to be mostly into visiting for sex? 

I'm not going to tell you that you are crazy for loving him, even after everything you've been through with him. If that's how you feel, that's your right. I also believe that people can change and straighten their life out. I hope he does. But the question you should be asking yourself is, what is best for all people involved right now? Bob doesn't seem like a stable person and you and your daughter deserves stability in your life. How long are you willing to wait for him, considering its almost been two decades and things haven't worked out? Can you truly have a peaceful, happy life if it keeps getting interrupted with his drama? And what will your daughter think if something happens to her father again? How will she feel about it? As for Bob, he needs to do what will keep his life in order. If that means staying with his siblings, that is the best place for him.

People aren't who they were in the last conversation you had with them. They are who they've been through your entire relationship. After 18 years and four prison trips, maybe that is who he is? Or at least maybe who he is isn't someone you can have a stable relationship with?

You should be putting your child first and work on getting a proper steady home life for her. He's not a stable person. Him going in and out of jail is him never wanting to grow up or commit to making a real life with you.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, smackie9 said:

You should be putting your child first and work on getting a proper steady home life for her.

This. 

And why do you want this career inmate around your child, OP? 

You don't sound crazy, but rather that you have very low standards and little self-respect. Bob will never be with you the way you want, and I believe that's a massive blessing. Aim higher and forget the jailbirds.