A note.

Hello dear community 

I come this time not for a bad thing 

After my breakup, today was my first time to have a date again.

I was excited to see this man like for the whole week i stressed about seeing him and how things will turns out .. but a day before i went on a rollercoaster of emotions 

I was afraid that this date wont be as im expecting and if things went wrong i would definitely start thinking of my ex and all the good he does to me ( forgetting the worse parts )or maybe it was a mistake to breakup and that i will never find a man like him 

I was nearly to cancel the date, i hated myself to go out with an other person .. it was strange feeling but iam greatfull that i didnt obey to those ideas and its definitely immature to cancel it 4h before 

I did good to myself and i prepared and took my uber to the restaurant where we decided to meet

It was funny how i laughed and enjoyed my time with him, i got some good energy and i felt i did great to meet that person 

I hope one day i could move on completely from my ex and live my life as it should cuz happiness is all what i deserve 

• Like 2
Just now, Wiseman2 said:

That's good news. Are you interested in another date?  

Next week is his birthday he asked me to celebrate it together in some good restaurant,  i told him that i need to check my schedule first but i will make sure to come

Is this a group dinner ?  Did you really have to check your schedule ? Do you work evenings /weekends? Since it’s his bday if you can go make sure he knows that ASAP and that you’re enthusiastic about seeing him again. I’m glad you had fun. One date at a time. Esch date is the last unless there’s a time and place plan for a next date.  Confirm the plan. 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Is this a group dinner ?  Did you really have to check your schedule ? Do you work evenings /weekends? Since it’s his bday if you can go make sure he knows that ASAP and that you’re enthusiastic about seeing him again. I’m glad you had fun. One date at a time. Esch date is the last unless there’s a time and place plan for a next date.  Confirm the plan. 

Thanks for ur input 

Its 1:1 dinner he texted me that after he sent me back home .. i wasnt sure about my next week schedule but i assure him today that i will make it 

Was it the first time you met? I personally think it’s strange that he already wants to celebrate his birthday with you. I would never suggest that to a person I saw only once… in fact last week I turned 40, and a guy I met for the first time earlier last week told me that he would invite in the evening and buy me a birthday cake etc… but I stopped contact with him, partly because of this: too much to soon. I don’t want to build a faux sense of intimacy with someone i spent two hours with… I don’t allow a guy I don’t know to celebrate my birthday or any significant event with me. This is one of my boundaries and a way to assess the fact that that person didn’t earn the right to share these moments with me, because trust hasn’t been established yet and vice versa towards them…  But hey, that’s just me, and I m Swiss, so maybe a bit cold with people in general… 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Sindy_0311 said:

Was it the first time you met? I personally think it’s strange that he already wants to celebrate his birthday with you. I would never suggest that to a person I saw only once… in fact last week I turned 40, and a guy I met for the first time earlier last week told me that he would invite in the evening and buy me a birthday cake etc… but I stopped contact with him, partly because of this: too much to soon. I don’t want to build a faux sense of intimacy with someone i spent two hours with… I don’t allow a guy I don’t know to celebrate my birthday or any significant event with me. This is one of my boundaries and a way to assess the fact that that person didn’t earn the right to share these moments with me, because trust hasn’t been established yet and vice versa towards them…  But hey, that’s just me, and I m Swiss, so maybe a bit cold with people in general… 

I got your point .. but i just think he wants a 2nd date so maybe he found that his birthday is a good opportunity.. 

It means nothing for me cuz im not ready to develop any kind of feelings for now

We will just meet in a good restaurant and enjoy our food and some good talk then i will back to my place 

On 11/11/2023 at 7:40 PM, LINDA said:

I was afraid that this date wont be as im expecting and if things went wrong i would definitely start thinking of my ex and all the good he does to me ( forgetting the worse parts )or maybe it was a mistake to breakup and that i will never find a man like him 

IMO, he's an ex.. you don't want a man like him again... right? 😉 .

IF you find dating too much at this time, maybe you're not ready to date again yet.  Not if you're still experiencing those 'miss you' moments or still stuck on too many thoughts of him.

Never feel rushed to get involved again.  Make sure you ARE truly okay & ready first. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, AndieA said:

I think you will.  You are on the right path.  Keep the positive thoughts. 

Thanks that cheer me up alot :D 

day by day i think of him less also i activate my Instagram page to keep up  with my friends and i have no clue to check on his page which i used to do ALOT  

• Like 2