Girl I like walked away from me

Hi,

I have been crushing on a girl at college. We spoke a few times at parties and messaged on Facebook a bit. Not sure if she likes me or just bring friendly

At a party last night, I approached her and her friend, we just said hi then she walked away. Earlier we had smiled and said hi at a bit of a distance, she then walked towards me so I thought she was approaching but she went up to someone else nearby. Did she get cold feet or is she not interested? Thanks 

It sounds like she enjoyed chatting with you online and is not interested in getting to know you in person.  I don't think she is "scared" of talking to you- she physically walked away because she does not wish to hang out with you in person or get to know you. I'm sorry! This means you can move on and find someone else who does want to get to know you!

34 minutes ago, Mikelona88 said:

, she then walked towards me so I thought she was approaching but she went up to someone else nearby. Did she get cold feet or is she not interested? 

If you like someone, smile, say hi, make some small talk and eventually ask them out. She walked up to someone else because you're acting uninterested by not asking her out. Especially since you're already messaging on FB. 

I always say go with the most basic explanation first even if it's upsetting especially if it's in this context -a woman avoiding you and walking away from you in person means -let her be - it's very easy to make a woman feel crowded or uncomfortable in that situation -I've been that woman and it's an icky feeling.

2 hours ago, Mikelona88 said:

Thanks for the advice. Just a bit confusing as her messages on Facebook were enthusiastic 

That's not confusing -she enjoys being a chat buddy online and is not interested in being alone with you one on one in person.  Two very different things.

Nobody here knows the girl or the context of the incident better than you. We don’t know if she just said hello while already on her way somewhere else within the party, or whether the friend being there made her feel awkward, whether she’s just not interested in speaking with you in person, or any number of possibilities.

Might be best to try again at some other time and see if the response is the same. If so, I’d give it up. If not, and she is responsive, then go with that.