Does it sound like he'll take me for a ride?

I've been casually seeing this guy for a year now. We are friends with benefits recently he told me he passed his test and now makes more money. I told him that I hope he'll give me a ride on his motorcycle when he gets one. I'm saying that I want to go for a ride. Because he's talked about getting one for a while now. And he said that it'll have to wait because he has other things he has to pay off first. I told him that I know he has to take care of more important things first. But that was just something exciting to look forward to and that I'd have to get a leather jacket and he said I'll need more than that.

Huh?  You are not in a serious relationship, you're FWB.  His financial decisions are not your business.

If he buys a bike, sure.  Ask him for a ride.

Whether he buys a bike or not, or when, is absolutely out of your lane.  And whether you buy a leather jacket or not is not his concern either.  

P.S. You certainly don't "need" a leather jacket.  It's not like you're going to be spending a lot of time on this motorcycle that may or may not ever show up in your life.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Jaunty said:

Huh?  You are not in a serious relationship, you're FWB.  His financial decisions are not your business.

If he buys a bike, sure.  Ask him for a ride.

Whether he buys a bike or not, or when, is absolutely out of your lane.  And whether you buy a leather jacket or not is not his concern either.  

P.S. You certainly don't "need" a leather jacket.  It's not like you're going to be spending a lot of time on this motorcycle that may or may not ever show up in your life.

His financial decisions are not my business. Who said that they were? What are you even talking about? He told me a while ago that he wanted to purchase a motorcycle that's why I said that to him. It's not because I was trying to make financial decisions for him. I don't even know why you'd assume this. 

How do you know how much time I'd be spending on it? That may or may not ever show up in your life. Are you upset about something? Seems like you are having a rough day.

No, I'm having a fine day.  But I do think it's either funny or kind of depressing for you to be bringing a question like that to a relationship advice forum.  Definitely more a psychic type of query.  

But here's a tip - if you're interested in riding a motorcycle and buying a leather jacket - why not buy a motorcycle and all the leather garments you heart desires?

3 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

No, I'm having a fine day.  But I do think it's either funny or kind of depressing for you to be bringing a question like that to a relationship advice forum.  Definitely more a psychic type of query.  

But here's a tip - if you're interested in riding a motorcycle and buying a leather jacket - why not buy a motorcycle and all the leather garments you heart desires?

What's wrong with wanting to ride with someone? Maybe I will buy my own in the future. It's not uncommon for people to be passengers on a motorcycle. 

2 minutes ago, Jaxonx said:

What's wrong with wanting to ride with someone? Maybe I will buy my own in the future. It's not uncommon for people to be passengers on a motorcycle. 

Nothing's wrong with it.  It's a weird thing to be concerned about in your circumstances, though.  

There are a lot of psychics you can find by Googling.  They can help you learn whether he is or is not going to buy a bike, whether or not you'll still be in his contacts at that time, whether he'll be into taking you for a ride, and what size of jacket you might need by the time this comes to pass - if it's destined do do so.  

I thought its one of those "would he take me for a ride" rhetorical questions in the meaning of is he truthful about his feelings or if he just promises serious stuff to you like that he will marry you but he has no intentions of actually doing it. Not that it means would he literally take you on a ride with his motor. That he didnt even bought yet. Nore he maybe will. 

Dont buy leather jacket(think they are not that cheap) just so some FWB would maybe potentially ride with you on his motor. That he didnt even bought yet. Its not a good investment unless you plan on wearing the jacket anyway no matter if he takes you to a ride on his bike or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 8/15/2023 at 11:40 PM, Kwothe28 said:

I thought its one of those "would he take me for a ride" rhetorical questions in the meaning of is he truthful about his feelings or if he just promises serious stuff to you like that he will marry you but he has no intentions of actually doing it.

Interesting. I thought something completely different based on the title alone. I guess the interpretation depends on the reader's personality hahahaha. Too bad for her she meant it literally. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1