I am trapped at home and cant leave

A year ago my mom took me out of my high school to enroll my in a cyber school after a rough year. I didn't want to be unenrolled but she said I could possibly go back for my senior year. The last year was terrible for my mental health which had a negative impact on my grades and I had to stay at home all the time unless it was for work. This year I was hoping to go back but she told me im staying in cyber school. It feels like my life is ending, which may sound extremely dramatic, but the past year I have been trapped at home and unable to be around anyone besides my mom. So to find out I have to deal with this for another year is unbearable. I was trapped and could barely go a day without wanting to die. On top of this I found out my mom is planning to kick me out when I turn 18 (in about 6 weeks). I have no idea what to do. I have no one to talk to either since I lost all of my friends when I left my school. I can't even talk to any school counselor because my school is online and doesnt really do that stuff. sorry, this was a whole messy rant. I'm not even sure what my real question is lol. I guess just any kind of advice on what I should do. Including advice on getting kicked out when im 18

Where is your father. Do you have siblings? Do you have other adult relatives? Please research teen mental health hotlines and talk to someone who can help you locally.

Ask your mother to take you to a physician for an evaluation of your physical and mental health. You may need parental consent to see a doctor, but you can not be denied medical care.

Everything you say to any healthcare provider (doctor, therapist, social worker,etc) is private and confidential.  You can address your concerns as well as ask for help 

• Thanks 1

Can you do online counseling?  There are therapists who work via mental health apps, although I'm not sure the cost, or if you have the money.  

Are you able to work outside the home, a part-time job, for any money?  

Do you have any friends you could contact via apps or online?

I'm sorry you're going through this.

• Like 2

even, sorry to hear about your situation.  I am a little shocked a parent would thrust their youngster out into the world without resources (money, car, apartment) or at bare minimum some heavy training/coaching in the major life skills of how to provide oneself food, clothing, shelter, and transportation.  IMHO, a parent's role is also help you figure out where your talents and passions in life could carve out a career and/or course of study to lead to a (hopefully fulfilling) career.  Now, you don't have much detail in your post so she may have taught you those things already and I'm making huge assumptions.  Please correct me in that case 🙂

I brought my daughter up to be independent and responsible - I made sure she had age-appropriate experience with employment, earning, saving, checking accounts/balancing, credit cards, cell phones, monthly bill paying BEFORE she left the home at 18 to go off to college.  Throughout her growing up, we cooked together, shopped for food and clothing together, took care of pets and plants, cleaned (she had daily small chores), did laundry, sewed a button or hemmed a trouser, changed a tire, hung a picture and blinds, worked power tools, unclogged a drain, reset a fuse.  I showed her how to haggle in a flea market/marketplace for best price.  We took the city bus together on dry runs to her schools if she was out of the school busing district.  When driving time came I taught her how to drive both automatic and stick shift vehicles.

Rather than wondering if what you found out is true, I would sit down with your mom and ask her if that's her intention... and if she does want you to move out, then you will need to spring into action to plan how you are going to support yourself.  Investigate available resources for homeless, employment opportunities, room rentals, live in au pair, house-sitting.  You didn't say if you are going to graduate high school or not but if you do move out then you don't have to be home schooled any more right?

When I was a youngster there was a high school equivalency exam one could take called the GED.  There was a low cost 6-week study program at the local library followed by the exam.  I passed it and freed myself from (IMO) the tedium of high school so I could hit the road and experience real life before I started college.

A good friend of mine went to Europe while in high school and lived with a family, he watched the 2 kids, taught them English, and received a weekly stipend.  He had his own room in their home and they fed him.  He didn't have to do housework beyond taking care of his own quarters.  He didn't have to cook.

So if you are going to be homeless do the homework now and start lining up resources.  Make a list of ALL possibilities, even if you don't like the sound of them at first - don't evaluate anything until your list is exhaustive, THEN start evaluating (this is called brainstorming and it's a good way to problem solve when you're not sure what to do next).

Good luck even!  Hugs to you (((( ))))