Affairs

11 hours ago, Stillsingle3 said:

Well actually we’ve had some changes as of last night. He’s confessed the affair, apparently told the truth though I doubt that. Now she’s contacted me, do I ignore? Obviously it’s over now so there’s no worries there and actually I feel relieved 

That’s good, I’m so glad you feel relieved. You’re no longer confined to living in limbo, and I can understand how that would feel liberating.

I would probably ignore the message to learn whether she calms down and thinks better of any need to deal with you. Otherwise, she could just say whatever she wants to say in another message. That doesn’t require your participation unless you want to apologize to her.

I think basically if you continued the affair with this guy, you'd just be wasting your time. I don't think he would leave his partner for you. It sounds like they've actually been together for at least a few years. The story he told you that he only stayed because she got pregnant sounds pretty fake to be honest. I mean, even if he was only with her for the kids, he doesn't actually have to do that. I think it doesn't matter why he's staying with her, he's making the choice to do so. 

My best friend had a four year affair with a guy in a relationship. She was really in love with him and she was absolutely devastated and crying all the time. When she finally ended it, she met her husband. They've been together for 15 years and have kids.

I think if you continued the affair then you'd just be closing yourself off to meeting other guys.