Says he is in debt

21 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I think the main favor was his decision to overshare and vent - that's his first impression so it's a huge red flag as to how he behaves when not on his "best" behavior.

That is exactly what I meant to say with my post, definitely oversharing, but in this case OP has all the information she needs upfront.

• Like 1

I appreciate everyone's input.  His over sharing made me feel somewhat uncomfortable.  On the other hand, at least now I have more information to assess his suitability.  This info could have come out months down the road, after I had invested much time and energy

I don't think he's ready for a committed relationship at this time.  The divorce still pains him and I would likely be pinned into the "counselor" role.  Not fun.  I've been the rebound lady before with someone else.  Guess what happens?  After feeling much better, they dump you and find another.  

Thus recent guy is not the one.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Superstickyone said:

This info could have come out months down the road, after I had invested much time and energy

So with people who have social skills and don't do the verbal diahrhea thing it's easy to find out what you need to know if you're a good listener and good observer  - observe body language, vibes and how he treats wait staff and other service people and how he speaks of his family and friends, etc. - even if you're infatuated try to observe  and you'll get all the info you need even without minutae details.

• 2 weeks later...