Writer's block is driving me down a path of self destruction

I would really rather avoid this, writer's block makes me crazy... Like, deliriously insane. I can't sleep, I can't function properly, I even want to cut. I don't cut. SI is something I haven't done in months.

I'm in middle of a story, but am basically at an immovable stuck point, so, inevitably I need to start something new. Hah... If only it was that easy... Damn... I need a drink...

Just relax. You've got all the time in the world. You gotta first relax and then focus. It's what I do when I can't concentrate in my studies (but it's usually b/c I feel all hyper and can't settle down...). Try that. Take some deep breaths (you know, as you inhale 1,2,3,4. then exhale 1,2,3,4. Like yoga). Good luck.

PS: would you mind sharing some of what you're writing?

Have you ever tried free writing?

Thats when you sit down with a blank piece of paper and a pen and without thinking write for 5 minutes nonstop. Don't think about writing just write. You don't have to write about the current piece your working on. Don't worry about wording things properly or sentence structure or grammer or spelling-just write. It sounds stupid but it may really help. Free writing also gets easier the more you do it, some people make a point of doing 5-10 minutes of free writing a day.

writters block is hard to get through I know. I get it for like a month or so at a time. It drives me insane. I pick a tv show and write about it. Even if it's an exact copy of an episode I've seen or something. That just gets things moveing again. If you can't do that then free writting may work or reading other people's works helps to sometimes. Each writter has there own way of copeing.