Waiting for a Ex Coworker to message me

1 hour ago, Waltnate said:

I have tried dating apps. I do get matches but talking to women there is like walking on thin wire 100 ft high. One mistake and you are out. haha.  You have constantly to engaging and interesting in conversations. And all you get are one word answers from other side . Which to be honest gets tiring very fast. 

So don't do this.  Don't date online.  Date in person.  Contact people you are interested in on the dating site.  Suggest meeting in a public place for a short time within the first few messages and have a phone call to gauge tone of voice and back and forth convo so you can see if this is a person you'd enjoy meeting in person.  Then if if it goes well you can ask that person out on a date you plan in advance.  The first meeting is not a date.  Don't ask out a stranger.  Meet in person. If the person isn't interested in meeting in person ASAP in public that person is trying to date online or just wants a chat buddy.  That person is not interested in dating.

Dating is hard and requires a thick skin.  To me it was worth it because I wanted marriage and family. I met over 100 men in person through online dating sites. I had prolonged chats/calls before meeting with only two men out of the hundreds I was in contact with.  One I ended up dating for a couple of months.  The other I never dated but met in person years later when he was in my city meeting another woman -we've been platonic friends this whole time, for years.  I don't advise messaging back and forth with strangers more than a few times before meeting in person.

10 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

So don't do this.  Don't date online.  Date in person.  Contact people you are interested in on the dating site.  Suggest meeting in a public place for a short time within the first few messages and have a phone call to gauge tone of voice and back and forth convo so you can see if this is a person you'd enjoy meeting in person.  Then if if it goes well you can ask that person out on a date you plan in advance.  The first meeting is not a date.  Don't ask out a stranger.  Meet in person. If the person isn't interested in meeting in person ASAP in public that person is trying to date online or just wants a chat buddy.  That person is not interested in dating.

Dating is hard and requires a thick skin.  To me it was worth it because I wanted marriage and family. I met over 100 men in person through online dating sites. I had prolonged chats/calls before meeting with only two men out of the hundreds I was in contact with.  One I ended up dating for a couple of months.  The other I never dated but met in person years later when he was in my city meeting another woman -we've been platonic friends this whole time, for years.  I don't advise messaging back and forth with strangers more than a few times before meeting in person.

Sure..Thanks for the advice

6 minutes ago, Waltnate said:

Sure..Thanks for the advice

Sure. You're welcome.  You want it to be easier and where you can imagine that someone you've never met in person wants to date you and it's as easy as asking that person out.  It can be.  Usually it is not. If you see yourself being with someone long term and serious then putting in the work is worth it IMO. If not, to me anyway it is not worth it - then it's better just to meet people randomly.

She wasn't creeped out by you, she was avoiding you to make sure not to lead you on. When they know they can't reciprocate interest they will shut down/shut you out. That's how women react to situation like this. It's normal, and they would do the same to anyone, so don't take it personally. I have been in her shoes...I pick up on their interest and then it's a "oh S&^%" moment, "I better back off contact." 

I get it interaction a work is way easier BUT the results can be a disaster. I still believe you are best to meet someone through friends or family, like going to big events or parties. Everyone is dressed up, having fun...that's the best time to interact with women. 

Women like to dance, so if you are a good dancer, you will definitely get noticed. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Waltnate said:

I have tried dating apps. I do get matches but talking to women there is like walking on thin wire 100 ft high. One mistake and you are out. haha.  You have constantly to engaging and interesting in conversations. And all you get are one word answers from other side . Which to be honest gets tiring very fast. 

Take a break. You're too insecure to date, period. Get in touch with yourself and your hobbies and interests and find a good group of friends you can relate to. 

You may come back to the dating pool with a renewed interest and after revising some of your criteria. It sounds like your picker may be off as well. You are picking total duds and lemons, women who can't converse or are minimally interested. 

Look for more meaningful conversations and people you can relate to. The unfortunate fact is that if you are boring you will attract equally uninteresting individuals and nothing sticks. Raise your self-worth and engage in your passions. If you're working on your career, get to a point where you feel confident about it and yourself. 

It's unfortunate that you did leave without giving two weeks notice to your previous employer or had disagreements with them. Learn from this experience and put this behind you. Keep moving on and improving yourself.