Words of wisdom that I read the other day

SherrySher

On 7/31/2021 at 6:43 PM, catfeeder said:

People will show you what they are made of. Talk is cheap. Whenever a person's words don't align with their behavior, I tend to withdraw my trust and relegate the person to 'interesting acquaintance' territory.

I've grown less romantic and more pragmatic as I age. I don't paint anyone with a saintly brush, so I'm rarely disappointed when someone shows me their limits.

Most people are NOT ideal. Most people do NOT behave as we would wish, and so we can avoid the sting of an unmatched investment by trading an 'all in' position for careful observation and reasonable expectations.

I couldn't agree more.  I've had major, major, heavy duty distrust issues with several people in my life.  It's not lightweight stuff either.  If all I had were a few flakes, it would've been trivial to me.  Unfortunately, it was far more permanently damaging and extremely serious.  Consequences were devastatingly traumatic.  😡  

I agree, talk is very cheap.  Actions speak louder than words and during a weak moment, I've observed so many ugly, ugly characters.  I stay faraway from people who've demonstrated to me who they really are.  They're nice superficially yet their real person is unsavory to put it mildly. 

I've known people who are masters at gaslighting, distort what you say, play semantics, word games, head trips, you name it, I've seen and heard it all!  They're in a club all their own.  I stay away. 

I too have grown more pragmatic from harsh life's experiences with so many people.  Nowadays, I feel protected in my safe bubble which I've created.  No one can harm me anymore.  I'll see to that!

Like you, I'm no longer surprised nor shocked by bad behavior.  As my mother had taught me, society's bad behavior is normal.  I don't deal anymore.  I simply live my own life without them in it.

I agree some more.  Most people are not ideal.  It's easy to avoid people who are not my type.  They're in their world and I am in mine.  It works.

Archived