Shedbone

Shedbone

Hello.  I have been friends with my boo for 16 years.  We have always had the best chemistry amd have been very attracted to each other.  We normally talk everyday and go out, mainly with other friends because when we are together alone it’s hard not to be physical.  Four years ago I divorced my husband and the week after that, we were intimate for the first time.  He is a nurse and met someone who’s mom was a patient in the rehab floor he worked in.  They became friends and she got him a job as a medical sales rep.  He has been spending so much time out of town.    He has me in his phone as “Shorty” but the other day he texted me that he misses his “sweets” and then a few texts later he wrote “I will see you in a couple days sis”. We have been dating for 4 years and the past 6 months I feel like he’s slipping away.  He is only told me he loves me 3 times in the 16 years we’ve been friends.  When I ask him about it he always tell me I know how he feels.  I think part of the time he is out of town he sees the woman who got him his job.  Because sometimes when he is gone I won’t hear from him at all.  He says he’s just very busy and exhausted but wouldn’t he have time to text?  What should I do?  I tell him I think he’s in love with her because one time he “joked” that I have some competition now.  

I feel he's not been that 'serious' at all with you.

And he maybe can't properly show his emotions?

Sucks, when you've been involved with a 'friend'.. and things fail, then it becomes so awkward  😕 .

I guess YOU are gettin the vibes, he's not so himself with you anymore... and how nice to be told YOU have competition....

No, it is not 'love'.. is more 'lust'.. Some big excitement.

Either way, it does sound like he's not got some 'excuses' going on , and for you to say what you did to him, shows you've picked up enough to assume he's got a new interest.

I would just back off.. give him space and let HIM reach out, ..IF he's fully into you, he won't feed you such crap...

Wow, I just can't get over that comment he made 😕 ...

\

10 hours ago, Wiseman2 said:

Who are  "boo", "shorty" and "sis"?

After 4 years it doesn't seem to be working, does it?

I call him boo.  He usually calls me shorty.  But the other day he called me sis.  And I was like “He’s friend zoning me.”  I guess that if it was going to work for him it would have by now.  

13 hours ago, Shedbone said:

one time he “joked” that I have some competition now.  

That does not bode well.

You've been together for four years, and he's told you he loves you only three times... What are you looking for from this relationship?

13 hours ago, Shedbone said:

the past 6 months I feel like he’s slipping away.

Pay attention to your gut feelings.

He does have trouble sharing his emotions and I took all that into consideration.  But he knows what I need, I communicate that and he won’t deliver that.  I’m just sad that I held on as long as I did.  I’m not going to reach out to him anymore.  And the fact he tried to make me jealous with his comment about ‘competition’ is cruel.  Thanks to all of you who have commented so far with your honesty.  

Archived