I don’t know how to end things

I’ve been talking to this girl for about 6 months now. We’ve mostly been speaking online because of covid but since things are safer we are seeing each other in person. Now because of that, I am realizing i don’t actually like her at all. She’s so nice to me, seems like she really likes me and gives me gifts all the time. I feel bad but i need to know the right way to break it to her before it goes on for much longer. we aren’t completely official as girlfriends yet but i’m scared she’s going to want that soon. It should be easy to just end things but for some reason it’s so hard. what do i say to let her down easy?

I can appreciate your discomfort. It's important to give yourself a break by recognizing that there are no 'good' breakups. So it's not as though you've failed proper execution if the other doesn't respond as you'd wish.

I'd just tell her that this isn't working out for me. You don't need to build a case or come up with a good 'enough' reason. Just the fact that you don't want to do this anymore is the only reason you need.

Archived