ex opening up lines of communication...

Well, after about a month or so of NC, the ex decides to contact me...via AIM. I was surprised...admittedly a little excited...but, I had been doing so great during the NC period. I was sure NC wouldn't last, but I was doing well.

She basically wonders how I'm doing, how I'm holding up. She says that she's so sorry for putting me through all the pain, hurting me, and that i didn't deserve any of it. I act as strong as I could in that position, and we end the conversation on a good note.

That was friday...on Saturday, she calls me up just as I'm driving to work. Remember, this is the first time in a month that she's called. I'd gone as far as erasing her # from my phone, etc...so again, helluva surprise. She's at the mall and is telling me that she's about to buy a few shirts for me, like she always did before. I'm like...okay, what's this mean?

She calls me last nite to say goodnite. I'm doing alright, I think I'm almost over her, but what am I supposed to read about her actions?

I don't understand ex's.

Black,

These signs sound good. Continue withdrawing for a bit till after you get the t-shirts. This will only drive her interest up more and more. Then, deliver some emotional fulfillment to her back after you have withdrawn some.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add a few things about this specific post. When I first posted the initial thread, I mentioned that she re-opened the lines of communication after a good bit of NC. She offered to buy me shirts, told me that she's sorry, etc...

Let's ffw to this weekend. she calls me out of the blue, and we catch up for about an hour or so. With my personality, I've always been able to make her laugh, and I can obviously tell that she definitely enjoys the communication. She's done all of the contacting(phone and AIM), not me. I've erased her from my phone book, and so forth.

What's going through her mind? Why's she doing this?

Well before you ask that question ask yourself

Do you still want her in your life? Why?

As friends? Try your relationship again?

What would the both of you gain?

"What's going through her mind? Why's she doing this?"

Again it could be for many reasons. Most of them have been said already!