Writing a letter to ex from 2+ years ago

SteveT

Hi all,

In short - I had a relationship with a girl that ended 2.5 years ago. We had a good thing going on, but I guess we weren't ready for a long term commitment (or at least I wasn't) and it wasn't the right time for us to be together due to different circumstances. I ended up breaking up with her which seemed like the right thing to do, but now 2+ years later I've been thinking about her non stop and missing her like crazy for the past 2 months. I think I'm in a better headspace now and I really wonder if we were just the right people who met at the wrong time.

She has since found a new boyfriend. She mentioned that last week after I texted her how she was and if she was open for a phone call. She wanted to talk but it was difficult since she and her partner are living together due to the whole COVID-19 situation and said she'll try some time in the weekend if she went for a walk.

Now, I don't want to get in between her and her boyfriend. But I also don't know if she's happy in her current relationship and I don't want to forever regret not trying to pursue this however selfish that might be.

I was thinking to write her a letter (email) and tell her what's on my mind but I don't really know how to approach this.

What's the smart thing to do here?

Thanks

All other things aside.. long winded letters about your feelings or whatever aren’t going to build any attraction. Writing and delivering has about a 99% chance of doing nothing but leaving you frustrated. If you wanted to reconnect the way to do it is to send a really light text and see if and how she replies. If, by some chance, she was receptive then you date her like you would a new person. That said, even if that were to happen you’d probably soon discover she’s not all that and notice why you split in the first place. We tend to want what we can’t have but that doesn’t mean it’s actually something with having.

Archived