Expecting to be put on blood pressure meds

Seraphim

• 4 weeks later...

A1C of 6.9? I think your doctor is right. You got this. You were JUST diagnosed and you're not insulin-dependent so if you make the lifestyle changes now, you have a VERY good change of turning this ship around. VERY good.

I was pre-diabetic at one point, as was my mother. We both have gotten a lot healthier and neither of us are pre-diabetic anymore. I take metformin everyday even though I am not diabetic - it helps a lot with insulin resistance and keeping blood sugars down.

I don't even think you need to do a lot - I know my mom didn't. Lean protein, healthy fats, and reduce the simple carbs. Go for some more walks in the autumn, don't have to run or do anything too crazy.

A1C of 6.9? I think your doctor is right. You got this. You were JUST diagnosed and you're not insulin-dependent so if you make the lifestyle changes now, you have a VERY good change of turning this ship around. VERY good.

I was pre-diabetic at one point, as was my mother. We both have gotten a lot healthier and neither of us are pre-diabetic anymore. I take metformin everyday even though I am not diabetic - it helps a lot with insulin resistance and keeping blood sugars down.

I don't even think you need to do a lot - I know my mom didn't. Lean protein, healthy fats, and reduce the simple carbs. Go for some more walks in the autumn, don't have to run or do anything too crazy.

Yes and I wasn’t diabetic two years ago so this is reasonably new. And he said for now all my organs are very healthy . And of course change in lifestyle and weight will help the hypertension as well .

• 1 month later...

My blood pressure was too low for my doctor’s liking at my Thursday visit. In the morning it was 96/68. He said I was consistently below 110 on my systolic which is too low. So he told me to halve my Candestaran and even if I go to 130 systolic he is OK with that as long as my diastolic stays in the 70s.

Archived