Well, i just told my best friend about how i felt about her

i have this best friend who i feel that i have fallen in love with. when we go out, we get along real well, talk a lot and even flirt. i thought things between us have been awesome and that things could work out between us... even at the risk of our friendship. another problem is that she is in my cirlcle of friends and it made it real difficult to even bring up the issue to her. that's the quick version of our friendship(if you want to know more, just send me an email or msg). here's how my night went...

tonight was actually planned to be a group event where all of us can go drinking and dancing and i had planned it to be the night where i told her how i felt. the night didn't go as well as i planned. our waiter was a complete moron and took forever to get our food so we didn't even get time to dance. and by that time, we all got a little tired and just wanted to leave. then when i got to her house, i felt like, its not the right time(but i've been saying that to myself for months), and decided just to let her know how i felt about her. she responded with the answer that i thought she'd say... "i respect our friendship too much to risk it" it was a sad moment for me, but it is something that i respected because i wanted us to retain the friendship we have and to try to push it up a level. i really wanted to wait another month or so to tell her, but the prob is that there is this other guy that is trying to make his way into her life and i felt if i never told her, i would've missed my chance. i admit the timing of me telling her was way off, but i couldn't just sit there and let her go without saying something. (and there is also the fact that i had just broke up with my previous gf 2 months ago and really didn't want to hurry this at all, i just couldn't put myself in a "what if" situation. i know it comes off as a rebound thing, but i've felt i loved her a lot longer for it just to be a rebound...)

she says that we'll still be the same friend we have always been, but it'll just make me sadder that i can't be that person in her life. life goes on, and if im lucky, maybe things will go the other way. i just have to try to move on and just live life the way it leads me.

i'm glad i took the risk even though the results weren't what i wanted. it allows me to move on with life a a bit quicker now(and sad at the same time).

i know this sounds lame, but do you guys think that if i still feel this way(say 5 months from now), i should try again? or just leave it and if she wants to talk about it, then she will???

Man I dont know how old you are but I must congrats you. It's the first positive post I ever read. ( except the woman note I received just kidding) Seriously, im like whoa, when I was reading im like he choked in front of her but you didn't.

Alright now the problem; does she told you why she didn't want to risk your friendship? Maybe you did rush things, maybe she'll think about it tonite and tomorrow called you! We never know woman, we just listening to them It's a fact that time may be an answer here... can you wait that long since there is another guy who is interested in her? I will give you a personal advice, continue to be his friend but be more kind, you can buy her flowers as example and write a note like this : I really liked you, you missed me, your friend "yourname" kisses xooxox. Or invite her to hang out, that way she may sees that you truly love her.

I hope it help

lets say man to man secret

peace

Jeff l. Spiegel

I know how it feels to be in your position, well except for the feeling relieved part. I am in the position right now were I have fallen in love with my friend, she is just absolutely wonderful, she always comes up to me to check up on me, as if she were my gf, but there is that one element that is missing, her love or desire for me. Right now I am stuck in the situation of whether to decide or not to tell her about my feelings.

I dont know what I am going to do, but from reading all these posts, I can gather up a little tips for u..

U asked if u should try again, with asking her out or being together, whatever.. Well this is what I have to say. U should go for it again when u feel the time is right, because I am really thinking of asking her. I want to be happy, I know I can't be happy if she is just my friend, yes things seem fine and all, we both like each other, but in the end one will never be as happy as they may seem and u, especially know that. So u have to talk to her and tell her that u can't carry on like this pretending to be her friend when u really want a better deeper lasting relationship.. In the end u know what I mean, and I think u probably expected this answer, but to tell u the truth, thats the only way it can really work, yeah unless u sit there and hope for something to happen, if u are lucky something might happen, but we all know the truth.. No risk, no gain..... Good luck man, I feel for u.. Just show ur true love and all should work out..

peace

I agree with both. But if it so happens that she likes you also, watch out. Because girls like to play games. Just be careful. Even if you really like her or love her, try not to get too attatched too soon. Because you'll never understand women. They like it that way and some like to play games with you. Like, talk to you and then go a certain amount of time without replying to you or talking to you to see how far you will go to talk to them. So, like you said, take your time and don't rush things. And remember, time heals all. I'm in pretty much the same predicament, but i'm much further along. She's playing games and yesterday i asked her strait up how she felt, i haven't gotten a reply yet so i'ma just tell her she doesn't have to answer, i get the point, and i'll just be her friend. Because that's what it seems that she is implying. i guess she doesn't have to say it. But i'd rather her tell me instead of playing games. But oh well. G'luck man!

Hey Guys!!!! We r all in the same situation......Why don't we get together and discuss things,experiences thru private msgs.....plzzzz guys respond...our experiences may be useful to each other....

I am in the same situation absolutely.... me and this girl were wonderful frens...for 4 months...i thought i was in love with her....and told her what i feel....she has right now said 'no' after saying that how can anybody become gf so easily without knowing the person completely.....so...i am really sad...but we r still frens now...ok ...very much...hopefully we know each other and things will get moving...what do u guys say....did she say no bcoz we dont know each other...in that case will that change if we get to know each other well????

As for ur case mate, dont hurry things!!!!! first of all!!! i have spoilt mine bcoz of haste.....ok. i know how strongly u feel abt her...but think....if u ask again, her answer wont change and she will feel that u r very desperate abt her.....which doesn't help things...i wouldn't want a desperate female arnd me whom i dont like that much ...would u??? no right....same way!!! wait and become close to her....and then let her know when time comes....5 months is too small mate...r u joking!!! get close to her for a year and then think abt the move!!!!

PLZ KEEP IN TOUCH GUYS!!! we will keep in touch through private msgs....PLZZZZ OK....