Why does god make some of us ugly?

Shinobie

That's true. Look at Lindsey Lohan. The only time people really like her is when she is wearing gobs of make up.

I wear mineral make up to cover up red spots and it works wonders.

Well to dissprove the shallowness of that, I find Lindsey Lohan quite attractive with or without makeup.

What people need to realise is that SOMEONE will find you attractive.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well to dissprove the shallowness of that, I find Lindsey Lohan quite attractive with or without makeup.

What people need to realise is that SOMEONE will find you attractive.

when and how so?

In western society, people are truly shallow to want to give people who are less attractive a chance.

Plus women are more likely to be scrutinized for their appearance then men.

Sucks but true.

That's true. Look at Lindsey Lohan. The only time people really like her is when she is wearing gobs of make up.

I wear mineral make up to cover up red spots and it works wonders.

I thought it was only brittany murphy and /or tori spelling that needed makeup?

Has anyone ever considered the woman from France who underwent the first face transplant surgery to replace the face that was originally mauled by her pet dog? Because in the beginning she really did not look good at all before but now she looks even better.

Why did she really do it?

And yes, people just because you receive a makeover does not mean you will be happy or your life truly miraculously changes.

Some people do the "Extreme Makeover" thing and end up miserable and not happy with the results.

Some are satisfied and move on with their lives. Fine but remember why you did and who you are doing it for.

In the end the only person that has to learn to love any change is you and only you.

I am not in favor of changing your looks for a new boyfriend or to get a better job unless you are doing it for you and yourself only. I have seen people who went through that only to be disappointed in the end to suffer the consequences.

• 5 years later...

First of all. It is true that Good looking people have advantages over not so good looking people. Yes, Good looking people definatly have an easier time getting dates, boyfriends, girlfriends etc...

However, there is nothing you can do about your looks, except for plastic surgery. It is not fair at all, I agree. I used to think that God evens things out in the end. Meaning that God may not give a person looks, but maybe he gave them exceptional talents ot scolastic abilities. But the truth is, all of these that I mentioned, looks, intelligence is merely the "Luck of the Draw"! I used to put too much reliance on God etc.. However, I have learned through experience that God serves little to no significence in our daily earthly lives. This is the reason that I have come to believe that God is not fair to everyone and I have lost alot of my faith & belief in God over the years. I believe that so called "God" doesn't really care if a person is ugly, if a person is poor , if they lack intelligence etc..

Basically, we are here on earth to fend for ourselves and live our lives the best we can. I believe Looks, money, fame, etc are all very important and critical things. However, if you don't have it, then too bad!! I do believe also that many people are too hard on themselves. Many people whom think they are ugly, are not really that bad looking. Focus on the positive! I can say to pray also. However, I have never found much solice in prayer. Good Luck!

I don't know, but fortunately he made LOTS of unattractive people. There is someone for everyone. If you are a 2 or 3 just don't go for 10's. I also think that we can all improve on our looks to some extent (male or female). Diet, excercise, good skin care, clean, shiny hair, etc - and none of these take a lot of money.

We are all robbed of our looks in the end. Vanity is Vanity is Vanity.

If you are "ugly" as you proclaim and have no solution, maybe you should look for alternative ways to be happy. Maybe you'll end up being ahead of the curve when the rest of your peers inevitably join you in the "not being able to rely on looks" club.

Or maybe you aren't "ugly" at all and there are solutions as to why you think you are.

Either way, continuing to think about doom without solution is not going to help.

This is something I ask myself a lot... I could deal with being ugly, but it's the people I can't. If people had to be born ugly, than why do their have to be shallow people to make fun of them? I've got family who love me, friends and I make good money, so it's not like I have a crappy life, and yet I am unhappy because people will not stop making fun of me for my looks.

This is something I ask myself a lot... I could deal with being ugly, but it's the people I can't. If people had to be born ugly, than why do their have to be shallow people to make fun of them? I've got family who love me, friends and I make good money, so it's not like I have a crappy life, and yet I am unhappy because people will not stop making fun of me for my looks.

That's terrible. I can't imagine ever making fun of someone like that - but no doubt it must happen. They are horrible people if they would do that. That's all you need to know....

That's terrible. I can't imagine ever making fun of someone like that - but no doubt it must happen. They are horrible people if they would do that. That's all you need to know....

People will see the slightest thing in someone and make fun of them for it.

I got made fun of for my looks and how I talked all the way threw high school, and it has without a doubt had an effect on me since then.

People will see the slightest thing in someone and make fun of them for it.

I got made fun of for my looks and how I talked all the way threw high school, and it has without a doubt had an effect on me since then.

Yes, I imagine it would. I am sorry some people are so cruel. It really can have a lasting effect on people.

Archived