Honeymoon Over!

katrina1980

I think you both handled the situation well. You let him cool off and moved on and he apologized profusely. I don't agree with your friend. You did the right thing instead of being passive aggressive. Disagreements and snapping can happen in every relationship especially as people are more time together and get to know each other better. As long as the rest of the relationship is fine, there's mutual respect and communication, I don't think it's worth losing sleep after this or do anything drastic.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think by now you need my imput on abuse cos everyone else has covered it ...but for what it is worth Kat ....

I spent 12 years in 3 relationships , all abusive , one in particular was a master in his trade but it also made me a master in looking back and seeing the slow build up . A good abuser takes his/her time to slowly maniplulate , have you believe you are sh1t and worthless , somehow the raised voice and harsh tones after that are part and parcel because you are totally brain washed by this point .

I saw nothing in your opening post that set alarm bells ringing for me to scream at you to get out , honestly .

I don't think by now you need my imput on abuse cos everyone else has covered it ...but for what it is worth Kat ....

I spent 12 years in 3 relationships , all abusive , one in particular was a master in his trade but it also made me a master in looking back and seeing the slow build up . A good abuser takes his/her time to slowly maniplulate , have you believe you are sh1t and worthless , somehow the raised voice and harsh tones after that are part and parcel because you are totally brain washed by this point .

I saw nothing in your opening post that set alarm bells ringing for me to scream at you to get out , honestly .

Thnx pips, your input is very much appreciated especially since you experienced it first hand.

I'm so sorry you did, hope you're okay now, have worked through it and feel at peace now ((hugs)).

And no he did not make me feel like a worthless shyt; I suppose if he had called me a stupid bytch (my ex did at the end), that would have been a big red flag!

Anyway tnx again to all, and lesson learned re what I share with this particular friend! :)

Archived