What does it mean if he...?

This is somewhat related to Attraction and Flirting, but some of it probably belongs in another category.

Last night, this friend of mine told me that I smelled really nice. Then, he also kept flirting with me, grabbing me around the waist, and took a piece of my hair and held it out to see how long it was. I heard this means he is attracted to you...what do you think this means?

This part is less related to attraction:

The other day he said the people he cares about the most, he avoids. He directed to me, and he has been avoiding me lately. But this makes no sense to me. If you care about someone, you want to be around them, I would think. It makes me think he might just be leading me on? Because he has asked people out before and was far from "avoiding" them? Do any males understand this type of thinking? What do you think it means?

If he said he avoids the people he cares about the most and in fact has been avoiding you...maybe he is afraid of rejection or afraid of committing to someone for fear of losing them or them not caring for him the way he cares for them. It seems to me its a little childish on his part. I believe you should sit down with him and have a nice talk about his behavior. Tell him to step up, be a man and follow his heart. If he continues this behavior he could miss out on a great thing and be stuck with the question "what if?" If you arent serious about this guy I wouldnt bother with him because it seems he has some emotional issues he needs to work out.

Yea he likes you...no question there...just respond and flirt back and touch him.

But this makes no sense to me. If you care about someone, you want to be around them, I would think. It makes me think he might just be leading me on? Because he has asked people out before and was far from "avoiding" them? Do any males understand this type of thinking? What do you think it means?

It's simple....besides the fact that he even told you. As people...we all want what we can't have, and when its around, its frickin awesome...but when its not there...you miss it. People fall for one another when they're not with the person...by giving the person the gift of missing you....you will fall for him/her. You think about them all the time, wondering what they're doing, if they've thought of you ...will they call..etc... You learn to value the small amount of time you do get to spend with the other person....then that only makes it better b/c its not very long. Make sense...?

Yea this is true. My guy pal says that he cares for me just as a little sis. but weve being making out and hanging out. he flirting with me, grabbing me all over my body. he knows that i had feeling for him, i told him that i dont any more but i still do. iam grad. this yr. hes not. iam 3 yrs older then he is. he wants me to see him in the summer. Also if any of his other friends finds out that weve been making out they will make fun of him and stuff.

Emotional issues as in avoiding people he cares about. I could be wrong. Like Drop said..he could be doing this to miss you more. Only way you will find out is to talk to him. Find out his real feelings and why he does what he does. Communication is the key

But if you guys have made out, don't you think its a bit disrespectful for him to say he views you only as a sister while doing that? Not only that but why would his friends make fun of him?
1st of all, he says that he dont have feelings for me. His friends makes fun of him cause iam not that attractive but my pal looks past that. he sees that i have a good personaility. He rates my looks as a 3 and my personility as a 8.

my pic.'s file 208.1/Desktop%20Folder/pic/kris%202.jpg ,

file 208.1/Desktop%20Folder/pic/lastscan.jpg

Eagle, if he isn't telling you are a ten in both, you need to stay away from him! And attractiveness is an attitude...you are as attractive as you think you are...what others might think is irrevelant.

The thing is he is completely avoiding me. Hes not just avoiding me once in a while so I miss him when I do see him, I don't think. I mean, if that is what hes doing, you're right...its pretty effective. But I just don't know... I don't have solid enough evidence for either postulation, you know?

Whatever he's thinking, if he doesn't hurry up, he might miss his chance with me...