I don't think our relationship can survive the distance...

I may be jumping the gun and I am seriously making myself sick this morning by worrying about this. My boyfriend is almost done with Junior College, he graduates next month. Since I have known him, he has talked about going to a local university for medical school. However, some things have come up where I think he may actually be accepted to another university that is 500 miles away.

The reason I think this is because I have overheard him a few times talking about this school and in his planner, he had written down what day he sent in his application and what day he received the acceptance letter. I have talked to him about this before and he says he is required to apply to a bunch of different schools (I can't remember the reason)

Anyhow, I am freaking out about this. We have really improved on our relationship as of late and I'm truly happy. We are talking about moving in together and making a large purchase together. I don't know why he wouldn't be truthful about where he intends on going to school but my only guess is he doesn't want me to freak out.

I don't know if I can be with him if he's 500 miles away. Trust has been an issue with us and now that we are finally overcoming some of that, I just can't convince myself that we can survive that distance. I'm scared he'll meet someone else...

I don't know what to do. I want to ask him about it but I don't know if I will get the truth.

The only thing that I can say is to wait before you do anything. If he wants you to know he will tell you, and if he does chose a school that is 500 miles away then of course he'd let you know. I think right now he is just weighing his options and he's not telling you what school he's going to because he might not be sure his self. He knows where you want him to go, but he might benifit and learn more going to a different school. Take it all one day at a time, you don't have to break up with him just because you speculate that he will be moving. If you two are truly meant to be together then all of this little details will work out. Nothing is written in stone, so don't stress yourself out over what may or maynot happen in the future.

The reality is that its possible that he could meet someone else, thats something you are going to have to accept. If you cant handle a long distance relationship then dont be in one. Either choice you pick you are going to have a hard time with the decision you made. Think about the issue and also know what your partner wants as well as seeing what his plans are for the relationship. One you have got this information then you both need to make a choice based on the best information that you have, thats all you can do.

well for one u need to talk to this guy and let himknowthat ur hurting and u don't want himto go.. but at the same time u need to be willing to accept if he does go away that his love 4 u may/ may not change.... u see the only real way of sorting this outisby talkinbg to him.. if he chooses to leave then let him go and i'm sure there r ways to work out a long distance r'ship if u guys really want2.. best of luck..... i hope i was helpful;

well for one u need to talk to this guy and let himknowthat ur hurting and u don't want himto go.. but at the same time u need to be willing to accept if he does go away that his love 4 u may/ may not change.... u see the only real way of sorting this outisby talkinbg to him.. if he chooses to leave then let him go and i'm sure there r ways to work out a long distance r'ship if u guys really want2.. best of luck..... i hope i was helpful;

I couldn't say it better myself. How you choose to talk to him is up to you. You might want to write out your questions first, so they sound good and clear to you. Give yourself some control by being prepared and easing the pressure of reacting to him. definitely express that you may need more assurance than you thought and you fear somehow this may break you apart. If you are that afraid of the answer, there is some miscommunication somehow.