Ex married his rebound

7 years of back and forth, on and off, highs and lows. I have no doubt you feel like the floor beneath you has completely disappeared. I'm sorry for that, I know it must be hard. You cant put your focus on him, or whether or not its real, or whether or not hes happy. That line of thinking will keep you fully entangled in your codependent relationship even though the other party left, you'll get stories of hope and you'll just use that to remain stuck. Its my humble opinion you need to sit with this discomfort and pain. I know that sounds incredibly mean to say that, but hear me out:

For 7 years you've been on this roller coaster, it was very much an addiction for you and every time you walked away, the second you felt that empty hole, the second you started fiending for your addiction he was there for you to get your hit and now hes not. Like another poster said, the best thing he did for the both of you is actually ending things, you may have broken up wih him, but he ended the cycle, its over now, you're free. Its going to feel uncomfortable, you're going to go through the pain, you're going to go through withdrawals. Work through it, talk to your friends and family, post on here, but I wouldn't seek stories of hope, its my personal opinion that it'll be counter productive.

I got out of an abusive marriage and its my understanding he doesn't abuse his new girlfriend. I of course haven't the slightest idea what truly happens between them behind closed doors but I promise you the best feeling in the world is not caring. I'm not going to lie it took a bit to get over myself and my ego and deal with those feelings of, 'why was I treated like this and she isn't', but the truth is that line of thinking was about me not her, and why would I wish abuse on any other woman? What helped me get to the point of indifference is working on my issues and working to heal. Was far from easy and took a long time, but one day at a time, you will get there.

That was very kind- thank you. I hope one day indifference will come. I'm trying my best to work through the pain and let it happen. I'm not necessarily interested in stories of hope - moreso just clarification that partners find someone new that quickly and its not just because of me. Thanks again
That was very kind- thank you. I hope one day indifference will come. I'm trying my best to work through the pain and let it happen. I'm not necessarily interested in stories of hope - moreso just clarification that partners find someone new that quickly and its not just because of me. Thanks again

Its not because of you Natasha. You two were toxic together. I edited my post to add that point before you replied. Its not because of you!

Archived