feelings of friendship and coming back to reality

k3ngst

firstly I'm glad to find this forum to express my confused feelings towards some stuff in my life :)

anyways, i have a friend of mine who im quite close with, i appreciate the friendship that we share but i feel inner unrest when his social life is mentioned..

in my school, he is considered as popular in general and the feeling of seeing him being noticed does make me feel uncomfortable, not jealousy, i would like to know why is that so?

more recently, tonight i celebrated his advanced birthday party and noticed that his bond with his other cliques , which really affected me when he started to drink and be crowded around his clique that was not from our school. indeed i felt uncomfortable, but it was a feeling that i kind of not experienced before even after intoxicating myself. other times i felt uncomfortable with other people was not to the extent of what i felt when he hung out with them, and after i came back home the whole day seemed to feel like a dream, a place of euphoria to me, and i felt that i was grounded back to reality.

as of recent, i did not know where it had come from but i started to feel an emotional attraction towards him and had a small hope of having a relationship with him (he's straight, im bi/demisexual) and i really savoured the thought of just being with him alone, and not with other people as i would feel comfortable that way. am i too deprived of love and attention? i would really like to hear some of your thoughts and maybe give me a clear pathway to settling my feelings :')

OK. So you have a crush on a boy. Ask him out on a date. Take him to lunch or dinner, grab some coffee together, go for a walk in a park, take a trip to a zoo or a museum, go to the movies. Pick something you'd both like to do and get to know each other.

Archived