Is this a good idea?

ok so my girlfriend and i are truly in love, we have told each other that we love each other very much and that we want to be togeather forever and we truly mean it. so here is my idea we have our high school prom coming up this saturday night (im a senior and she is a junior), and i was thinking about making a request for her about the song from lonestar called "im already there" but on this cd i have it has a special version of it where they have the families of soldiers in iraq talking about how much they miss their family members, i will be leaving for boot camp for the navy on june 22nd, so i think this song is very fitting. For you people who have never heard "I'm already there" it deals with a father who is very away from home, and all he wants to do is be with his wife for ever in her mind and her heart. We have said we want to stay togeather even though we will be away from each othere at least until christmas.

So the question is do you think it is a good idea about the special version of "i'm already there" or is this a stupid and sappy idea thanks for any help

ps here is the song lyrics for you who still don't get the meaning of the song

He called her on the road

From a lonely cold hotel room

Just to hear her say

I love you one more time

And when he heard the sound

Of the kids laughing

In the background

He had to wipe away

A tear from his eye

A little voice came

On the phone

And said

"Daddy when you coming home"

He said the first thing

That came to his mind

I'm already there

Take a look around

I'm the sunshine in your hair

I'm the shadow on the ground

I'm the whisper in the wind

I'm your imaginary friend

And I know I'm in your prayers

Oh I'm already there

She got back on the phone

Said I really miss you darling

Don't worry about the kids

They'll be alright

Wish I was in your arms

Lying right there beside you

But I know that I'll be

In your dreams tonight

And I'll gently kiss your lips

Touch you with my fingertips

So turn out the light

And close your eyes

I'm already there

Don't make a sound

I'm the beat in your heart

I'm the moonlight shining down

And I'll be there

Until the end

Can you feel the love

That we share

Oh I'm already there

We may be a

Thousand miles apart

But I'll be with you

Wherever you are

I'm already there

Take a look around

I'm the sunshine in your hair

I'm the shadow on the ground

And I'll be there until the end

Can you feel the love

That we share?

Oh I'm already there

Oh I'm already

There

In my opinion, this is not a good idea. You should enjoy your prom and remember is as a night filled with fun...

Listening to this song will only remind you and your girlfriend of how much hardship you will be facing in the near future--I don't think the song is appropriate for a prom. You should be able to forget about any potential problems that night and focus on cherishing each other's presense.

If you didn't have any doubts about requesting this song, you wouldn't be posting here--listen to your gut. It's a good song, so save it for later when it will take on much more meaning for both of you.

Don't do it. Prom should be fun. While dedicating a song is very sweet and romantic, it is a coming on a little strong. Prom should be a night to remember and enjoy your time together. I remember at my senior prom, my boyfriend told me he loved me and I was not happy. It was sweet, but the timing was just so wrong.

Save the dedication for another time. And just DANCE all night long.

Sugaree \

How about requesting that other Lonestar song, "Amazed." It's romantic and can create a very special moment for the two of you that won't invoke the feelings of sadness "I'm Already There" might bring. Though I think your idea is a good one, just not at the prom. Maybe play that right before you leave for the navy when you two are alone and can share a tender, loving, private dance.