Well I believe I'll let the National Institute on Drug Abuse speak for itself:

What are the medical consequences of inhalant abuse?

The most serious hazard for inhalant abusers is a syndrome called "sudden sniffing death." A single, prolonged session of inhalant use can produce rapid and irregular heart rhythms, heart failure, and death. It can happen within minutes and can strike an otherwise healthy young person. But inhalant abuse can cause death in other ways, too-asphyxiation, suffocation, or choking.

Chronic exposure to inhalants causes widespread and long-lasting damage to the nervous system and other vital organs. The toxic chemicals damage parts of the brain that control learning, movement, vision, and hearing. Damage to the heart, lungs, liver, and kidneys may be permanent.

of course, the causes listed in that warning assume that you're stupid enough to not know how to breathe correctly.

the most likely risk is if you use it too much long term, you get vitamin B12 deficiency (which is quite bad). look it up yourself at link removed

it's good that you'll learn about these things before making a decision. the idiots are the ones who take drugs, or dismiss them without knowing the facts.

If you're talking about nitrous oxide i can tell you it's quite safe, don't let anyone scare you too much. only chronic use could lead to vitamin B12 deficiency. that would mean everyday use. they use this stuff at the dentist's, how unsafe do you think this really is? Getting the gas out of the cylinder and into the balloon can be a b**** though. If you're interested or concerned about drugs, don't read government propaganda, read link removed

Erm - how about lack of oxygen to the brain - can cause permanent injury or death!!!

Think about it - you are inhaling gases, leaves a lot less room for oxygen to get to your brain and vital organs. This is dangerous!

At the dentists' office, they do it under controlled circumstances, with close medical attention. Not so with cans of aerosol and your friends.

I watched a TV show recently about it - 20/20, or Nightline or something. Tons of teenagers die from it every year!! It's just not worth the risk.

When huffing doesn't kill quickly, it damages the body each time--especially the brain. Huffing can cause memory loss, impaired concentration, hearing loss, loss of coordination, and permanent brain damage. Chronic use can cause permanent heart, lung, liver, and kidney damage as well. Solvents (found in glues, paints, and polishes), fuels (such as butane), nitrites (found in deodorizers), and almost any kind of aerosol spray can be responsible.

Here is the website it came from link removed What i included above was just a small excerpt.

This isn't "propaganda" - It's about informing people of the very serious risks of huffing. It's just not worth the risk.

It is dangerous. That is why it is a medically regulated substance. You are depriving your brain of the oxygen it requires to feed brain cells and other processes - why do you think you get the high? Because it interferes with your brain's oxygen intake and thereforeeee altering your reality.

People DO indeed die from it, regardless of what propaganda from EITHER side say of it.

Sniffing/huffing are huge issues up here with all sorts of substances, from glue to spray paint. Many of the native reserves up here are "dry" so no alcohol, but these things get smuggled through instead. Even though alcohol is banned, the "black market" cost for paint thinner for example can reach extremes of 1000% markup or more, while alcohol maybe only a couple hundred percent. And the result is there are many deaths either directly related to huffing, or as a result of ongoing complications from it (ie depression and so on).

ok - that sounds like a plan.

I just urge you to use alcohol wisely. Know your limits. I know we all experimented, and we all had some really really bad nights as a result. but, I guess it's one of those things you have to experience on your own.

sorry - i don't want to sound like your parent. hopefully, the worst that will happen is that you sit around in your living room, have too much to drink, and then wind up throwing up the whole night and having the worst hangover of your life the next day. but, please, just don't drink and drive, or get into someone's car who's been drinking. I personally know too many people who have been killed by drunk drivers