The ups and downs even after six months how I’m feeling now

So long story short my ex and I broke up in sept. As I can recall the first few weeks were traumatic for me. Constant begging and pleading texts with no replies, ruminating and obsessive thoughts, not eating or sleeping. This went on pretty much until December until I found out she went back to her ex. Best and worst closure you could say nevertheless the new year started. I finally started working on myself. Focusing on me, working out five days a week, the ruminating thoughts have finally stopped. I have my days though. Still think about her everyday but I don’t wake up in the middle of the night haunted anymore. The past few days however I have been thinking about her because tomorrow would’ve been one year since we went on our first date so now that’s been bothering me. How do you guys deal with certain dates coming up knowing he or she won’t be around. I feel like I have been doing better even though I’m not at 100 percent. The positives so far I see is I stopped beating myself up, I started working out five days a week, been eating more and healthier, finally smiling and taking pics on Instagram like I used to, hangin out with friends and family more. The downside, knowing I’m single again, knowing I’ll never see her or talk to her again. And the sad part is we only dated for six months. She messed me up so bad that’s why it took me so long to get over her or still has been taking me.

Hey Flyguy,

Yeah, our stories our quite similar, although my RS was longer.

Sounds like you are getting there.

The "first" of all these dates are so much worse than the others (latter ones).. the first xmas, NY, Valentines day, have all now gone, so that's good!

Your last point;

"The downside, knowing I’m single again, knowing I’ll never see her or talk to her again. And the sad part is we only dated for six months. She messed me up so bad that’s why it took me so long to get over her or still has been taking me".

You should flip that around.. you are now single, free to meet whoever you want and you will be happier again. She messed you up, so it's positive that she is in your past, not present or future.

Keep going buddy.. brighter days are right in front of you!

Hey Flyguy,

Yeah, our stories our quite similar, although my RS was longer.

Sounds like you are getting there.

The "first" of all these dates are so much worse than the others (latter ones).. the first xmas, NY, Valentines day, have all now gone, so that's good!

Your last point;

"The downside, knowing I’m single again, knowing I’ll never see her or talk to her again. And the sad part is we only dated for six months. She messed me up so bad that’s why it took me so long to get over her or still has been taking me".

You should flip that around.. you are now single, free to meet whoever you want and you will be happier again. She messed you up, so it's positive that she is in your past, not present or future.

Keep going buddy.. brighter days are right in front of you!

Dear Sputnik

You have helped me out before thank you for all your inspiring words. Yup I got up early this morning hit the gym for 2 hours felt great took my protein shake had a nice breakfast. Showered got dressed looked great had a cup of coffee at Starbucks, wore the shoes I bought back in December so was styling, took some selifies, listened to music, went to the mall. So today was just a little harder because I remembered the date that a year ago today I was getting ready and meeting her for the first time. God it felt like we would’ve lasted for so long. What sucks is I know I’m so much better than her in every way and I deserve better yet I’m still upset about how everything went down. I’ve also learned sometimes it’s not the person you miss it’s the feelings. It also very well could be I haven’t put myself out there yet. I didn’t want to October November or December because I was still suffering but now that I’ve been hitting the gym and taking care of myself and summer is just around the corner I’ll try dating again. But I honestly just did not have the urge before. Just didn’t feel like jumping into anything new right away. The cashier at Starbucks was cute earlier that I went to. I flirted a littl with her. Funny how ur confidence rises when you work out, look your best and stand up tall with ur chest high wearing good clothes, doing ur hair. A few months ago I didn’t even know wanna leave the house.

Archived