soulsurvivor26

So Im sure Im about to lose my best friend. I care bout her deeply but I don’t feel like she cares any more. Im barely in her life. We used to be so close and right before the end of the year we both were single and we started doing stuff with each other. We still make out sometimes when we drink but I try to respect she has a bf. She got her bf after us fooling around but things didn’t get awkward even after we’ve had sex with each other. We’ve even made out in front of her bf. Usually she gets very touchy and lovey when she drinks. I’ve never been with the same sex and she was my first and vice versa. Now she’s been very distant and things aren’t the same. Im confused as if i should let her go? and at the same time brings up questions I’ve realized I’ve must of had feelings for her and attracted her which i do admit, I was wondering if she had the same feelings? Im confused even about my own sexuality because I’ve always been with guys. Please help!

I don't think this friendship is sustainable anymore.

You two crossed some boundaries and she realizes that. She knows you want more with her, but she is in a relationship and apparently putting distance there so you get the hint that it isn't going to happen.

You’re right I should just ghost her and let her go. We crossed boundaries but it’s not like she helps either. She does play around with me a lot. On New Years she was the one who came up to me even and kissed me. To be honest the one who’s been pushing them self’s away has been me, i just don’t like how I’m being treated, so recently I’ve barely been contacting her. I don’t want anything to do with her anymore. Whatever it’s best I just stop talking to her. This was just a mistake.

It's normal for a fwb situation to end when one partner finds someone they want to date. Why don't you do the same and find yourself a real gf?

We still make out sometimes when we drink but I try to respect she has a bf. She got her bf after us fooling around but things didn’t get awkward even after we’ve had sex with each other.
It's normal for a fwb situation to end when one partner finds someone they want to date. Why don't you do the same and find yourself a real gf?

Im still trying to figure if I even like the same sex. I’ve always been with a guy. I still am attracted to males but this was my first experience. For us both it was our first anything with the same sex. Well It necessarily hasn’t ended she still gets very touchy and kisses me when we go out. Especially when she drinks she gets very friendly with me. I just don’t know anymore. I love our connection but I also don’t like how she treats me. So Im just very conflicted.

This sucks losing a friendship :/

Why are you turning this into an all-or-nothing deal? Most friends go a bit distant when they absorb themselves in new relationships. Part of being an adult is learning how to make different kinds of friends to meet different needs. This is how we respect the limits of other people.

You don't need to ghost her, and you don't need to corner her into drama. Just back off and invest yourself in forming new interests and widening your scope of friends.

Head high, and read my sig.

Why are you turning this into an all-or-nothing deal? Most friends go a bit distant when they absorb themselves in new relationships. Part of being an adult is learning how to make different kinds of friends to meet different needs. This is how we respect the limits of other people.

You don't need to ghost her, and you don't need to corner her into drama. Just back off and invest yourself in forming new interests and widening your scope of friends.

Head high, and read my sig.

You’re absolutely right i need to relax and not be so selfish I assume. Thanks for the help!

Archived