stroked his ego..naughty me

yeah...same story...hot guy at work...made serious eye contact with me for months...yada yada yada...he has a gf...I'm too shy to talk with him...word of mouth has spread and he knows I'm into him...it's pretty much been confirmed. Now, he is being more open with me. Smiling more, something he didn't do before, just stared. Sat accross from me the other day on break (that was a first) didnt say much, just gave me this cute little grin. He held the door open for me the other day..he actually stopped and waited for me and held the door open. Lately I've noticed he's making an effort to walk past me when I'm stocking at work. He will see me and stop dead in his tracks change directions (kinda like he jsut remembered something) and walk in my direction and then make eyes and grin at me when he walks by. This lady that works in his department told me my friend told her I had a crush on him. She was annoyed with my unwillingness to initiate convo with him so she thought she'd get the ball rollin' being that she witnesses him checking me out. I was mad at her at first, but I'm kinda liking the way he has been acting. So I'm pretty sure this lady that works in his department mentioned it to him. Good news is I'm a lot less intimidated by him. I don't sweat anymore when he walks by me and I don't look away when he smiles at me. I don't want to interfere with his relationship and I don't even know for sure if he is implying that he wants to get closer to me or what...I mean who really knows. We still have yet to communicate verbally. I mean hello...hi...that's about it. Eyes ...lots of eyes. Man do the eyes say a lot...it's craaazy. He really is amazingly beautiful and I just can't fathom the idea of this guy being interested in me. I've seen his gf...she is really pretty, nice body...Don't get it. Yeah I've got some low self esteem. I know how to be sexy and intriguing and all that, but it's really all a front. Perhaps I just want attention to make me feel better about myself. Gosh, that's a sad realization. I'm working on it though. So my question is are these pretty clear signs that the guy is interested? Do you think that maybe he is thinkin' of leaving his ex or is he just liking the attention? I mean there's an obvious attraction. Should I do something? I'm feeling a bit more confident about the situation now. I try to think about how I would act if I was in love with someone and I knew a hot guy was into me. It would probably make me feel good, but I don't know if I would flirt like this...geeez...makes me scared to get involved with anyone. I would be pissed as hell if my bf (assuming I had one) was making eyes and smiling at a girl the way this guy looks at me.

I think he may be flattered by knowing you like him but if he was interested I think he would have said something by now - he is probably happy with his g/f.

Why not use your flirting techniques and new confidence on someone available?

This could be a game of his, depending on his personality, but most indicators lead to an obvious attraction. Try to start more conversations with him, now that you are more confident . Just be sure not to steal him from his girlfriend, that could get very awkward. Make sure he comes to you some how.

Well, I think this guy actually has a crush on you...haha, I'm sure. So what if his gf is really hot, looks aren't everything to this guy obviously. Outside of her body she could be a ditsy golddigging skank, so that's why he's bored of her(Your pretty smart though to know that Physical attraction is important to a guy though besides personality) I think this would even lighten him up even more if you said this to him "Hey, you know you don't have to do those little subtle things [you list a few things, then say that he's already got your attention]". So then, this guy will feel all happy and 4th of July-ish inside lol then, you can expect a move coming from him anytime soon.

I think he may be flattered by knowing you like him but if he was interested I think he would have said something by now - he is probably happy with his g/f.

Why not use your flirting techniques and new confidence on someone available?

\\

heh...flirting techniques...that's funny. Yeah I know a thing or two about that, but usually i use them on guys that I think I have a chance with. Never thought I had a chance with this guy. I have been and for the most part and still am awfully bashful around him. I'm not a bf stealer...just don't have it in me. Flattery and "you me naked here now" looks ...(and that's what they are--this much I know) are two completely different displays.

I might add that although I do at times have low self esteem (as most women do) I still think I am pretty attractive. 5'10 big green eyes brownish blondish hair...I have kind of an athletic build and I tend to get down on myself about my stature. I'm what some would call a "brick house" bout 150 pounds roughly...which is healthy and all. Whatever, I'm just not a dainty girl by any means...he is actually a lot skinnier than me, but taller.

For all you know he could be a real jerk to his gf , fight with her, come to work and flirt with you so he doesnt get down on himself.

Thats what my ex used to do lol.

But really... I strongly suggest you dont flirt or encourage him until he has certainly broken up with his GF.

Dont tempt fate. Nobody likes a cheater.

What's this guy's gf look like? Just wondering because I can figure out whether she's like ugly on the inside or not.

just because someone's attractive, it doesn't nesessarily make them a horrible person.

she might be friendly, sweet and nice and i'm pretty sure she loves her man, she's with him isn't she?

i think you should just stay away from him unless he breaks up with her, you have to think of how you would feel if it was your boyfriend.

sorry, it just irks me when people critisize someone because they are pretty, i made a really good friend but she was overweight and would make fun of every thin girl she saw and call her barbie or ditzy and it hurt because i valued her friendship and i'm thin and blonde!

i'm also shy and don't make friends easy so it hurt even more.

(i wasn't talking about you greenie, i realise you never said anything bad about his gf )

felicia

thanks for the replies...

yeah I'm not making any bold moves anytime soon or anything...just doing my thing and going home fantasizing about him. No harm in that. I'm really just intrigued by him. I was told he's just kind of a quiet guy. Doesn't really talk much to anyone at work. I would like to talk to him, just find out what he's about ya know? I think that would help me get past his hotness and look at him more realistically...like a person instead of piece of eye candy. Ahh...but that would take all the fun out of it wouldn't it? Life is good...

quote]

He has an important job where we work and he is occupied w/it pretty much all the time. I don't know the rules about people getting involved at work. The place is a freakin' rumor mill as it is. To be honest I think it would be difficult really talking to him at work w/out it becoming the subject of gossip. When he did sit accross from me on break there were two older ladies sitting at our table. The one lady is the one who told him I have a crush on him. I didn't feel comfortable talking to him with those two women there and it's likely he didn't either. I spoke to the ladies about my cat problems. I said something funny about my cat, and he looked down and laughed. God that felt good...to make him laugh. He is very attractive and he and I are two of about 5 twenty-somethings that work there. Everyone else is well into their late 30's 40's and beyond. A lot of the older men there have flirted w/me. I think they realize that they don't have a chance in hell, but they still stay stuff to me. Well one guy really teetered on sexual harassment there for a while, but I think he could sense how uncomfortable he made me & became worried his job might be in jeopardy. I hope it's okay that I'm rambling on about this...I have exhausted my friends over this guy. Perhaps I have exhausted the boards as well...oh well...