Did I make a mistake?

sww1526

I have been “hanging out” or “hooking up” with this guy for about 2 months. We get along great. After our “hooking up” session he told me he had a date that night, but he was going to cancel. I just made the comment that the weather was bad, but then again he could be missing out on another piece of ass. I never showed any emotion about the date comment. When I left I told him to have fun on his date if he went. Later that night I sent a snap and he messaged me back of cooking for his daughter. I asked if the girl got upset about him canceling, he said no she was cool, and that he hadn’t met her face to face yet. I said I hoped it worked out for him. We started a conversation on how it was hard to date because his daughter came first and some women didn’t get that. Which I do because my kids come first. I made the comment that we would get along great dating. We both know how the other feels. I asked would he want to date me. He said he hadn’t thought about dating anyone. He would consider it. I told him if he was willing I was to. But I was leaving it up to him. If he wanted to try to let me know. I asked him later that night if I had freaked him out with the conversation from earlier he said, no. We have texted each other since then. My question did I make a mistake in suggesting dating each other. What does “could consider it” even mean.

He hadn't thought about dating anyone but he is actively looking to date......lol....

He politely rejected you. Meaning that guys rarely promote hook up girl to gf. Kind of like women almost never promote friend zone guy to bf.

Anyway, you didn't make a mistake by asking. It is what it is. If you want to carry on with him hooking up, by all means carry on. Just be careful that you don't get yourself into a situation where you are wanting more and he doesn't. You will get hurt.

Many women enter fwb relationtionships hoping that it will turn into a committed relationship and pretend to be cool about it so that the guy thinks "they're cool" and "fun"... but the thing is that this rarely works out and most of the time the guy is not seeing her a serious option to be his future girlfriend.

I have been “hanging out” or “hooking up” with this guy for about 2 months. We get along great. After our “hooking up” session he told me he had a date that night, but he was going to cancel. I just made the comment that the weather was bad, but then again he could be missing out on another piece of ass. I never showed any emotion about the date comment. When I left I told him to have fun on his date if he went. Later that night I sent a snap and he messaged me back of cooking for his daughter. I asked if the girl got upset about him canceling, he said no she was cool, and that he hadn’t met her face to face yet. I said I hoped it worked out for him. We started a conversation on how it was hard to date because his daughter came first and some women didn’t get that. Which I do because my kids come first. I made the comment that we would get along great dating. We both know how the other feels. I asked would he want to date me. He said he hadn’t thought about dating anyone. He would consider it. I told him if he was willing I was to. But I was leaving it up to him. If he wanted to try to let me know. I asked him later that night if I had freaked him out with the conversation from earlier he said, no. We have texted each other since then. My question did I make a mistake in suggesting dating each other. What does “could consider it” even mean.

You didn't make a mistake because now you know where you stand with him. He would consider it means I'll think about it but no! He politely declined. How does he have a date but isn't thinking about dating anyone? Or did he just say he had a date as an excuse to leave? I think you want more than he does and as long as you are "hooking up" with him that's all you will be to him..friend with benefits

Archived