The rejection text 😔

marshmallow107

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I recently sent that type of text message. After two dates.

She was lovely. Shy, but smart & attractive. Took a lot to get her to smile but when she did she laughed a lot. Any time I asked questions about her, her past, her exes, she was very guarded. So we just discussed philosophy, classical music, literature. Enjoyable dinners, but I never felt any chemistry. I didn't think we're sufficiently similar. So a few days after the 2nd date (and with no comms from me) she texted to ask if it's over and, somewhat forced to deal with it NOW, I said that I had a great time, but I am not sure there's enough or whether we're for each other. In hindsight, if it weren't for her text I might have gone on one more date.

She didn't take it well. She wasn't angry or impolite. Just that I was being premature. Suggested we try again. That she was willing to wait. Which then made it even harder to remain honest but gentle.

I was sensitive to the fact that to her, I was probably that nice guy. Who took time to get know her. Never complain about her lateness(!), talked about all the right things, who took time to draw her out and make her comfortable, and in her head she was about ready to open up fully.

The OP is disappointed but given the short time-scale, there was no way she could yet establish if he felt the same. Not sure there are lessons to learn either..

Archived