Priorities or...my fault???

Alice88

I had a relationship for 1,5 month...we knew eah other as friends we both liked each other but noone had said that..one day he kissed me and we got togetther!! we were very happy ..sharing moments feelings...i felt like i had found the man of my life!!! Then he startes his master studies in a demanding field and he couldn't handle it...i tried to be near him and be understanding..he had to study around 10hours a day..suddenly he told me tha we have to break up..that he couldn't handle that..that he wouldnt give me what i wanted..he had to put a priority..he told me it would be better to do it now than later..he was afraid that i wouldnt cope with that in the future and he didnt want us to have a bad ending..we both cried it was very hard..the thing is that i learnt from a common friend that he was worried that i would cheat on him ( he was cheated in his last long term relationship, he was completely alone for a year and i was the first one who made him happy again and with whom managed to have sex again)..unfortunately due to my insecurities one night we got drunk (while together) i got jealous and got very aggresive..i told him that i was far better having casual sex because having feelings for someone sucks...of course i didnt mean it it was my defense in order not to show how sensitive i am...i don;t know if this is the reason which made him think that he wouldn't be able to study thinking that i may feel isolated and cheat on him...there has been a week since our break up and i don't know what to do...i really want to send him a text just t say sorry and explain myself although i dont think it could help now...on the other hand i m afraid je just wasnt into me and he may have forgotten me already so i should just move on and dissapear...what would you do?? i miss him so much and if it were my fault i really want to do something about it..

I think you have to take him at face value. He can't concentrate on his studies with you in his thoughts. It's not fair to you, but that's the way things are. He's at least trying to be honest with you and send you away before you got too head over heels involved with him. He's choosing his studies over you. I think you can text him a goodbye text, but unless he changes his mind, you've got to let him go.

The thing is ..we have mutual friends and he told them that it's OK to hang out all together next week...I really want to see him but I m afraid...can he see me as afriend so easily? Is this possible? I really wish he changed his mind after he sees me again but I don't know....

Archived